Do only some Tortoises love water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samstar

5 Year Member
I realised my Radiated loves when I pour water over her but my Stars run for their lives. Also I see my Radiated soaking much more often than my Stars in the water dish. My Stars would go to the water dish, drink and walk away, my Radiated sits in it for a good 15-20 minutes than walks out almost everyday.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I don't know either of those species, but all the torts I have seen react differently. My juvenile sulcata, Daisy, used to be one of those "run for your life" types, but I just kept soaking her everyday anyway due to her pyramiding and now she really relaxes and seems to enjoy it. At least until she poops. Then its time to GO.

Delores my adult female sulcata never liked the water either.

Most of my other torts of all species were pretty relaxed about it.

teq1

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
I have 4 egyptians. Of the two oldest ones, one tolerates the water more than the other. It can stay in the water a long while before wanting to get out. The other one, spends 5 minutes and wants to run for the hills! My other two are about 4 months old, and don't like the water. They can stand it for a little while, then they start running and climbing over one another...and it's just chaos in there! Rarely they will just relax and enjoy it, but most of the time they go crazy and want to run :p

tortoiseluvr

5 Year Member
I think it depends on the tortoise because all of mine react differently. My male pancake will relax and take a good drink and go to the bathroom. Once he is done he wants out, but one of my females wants out right away. My other female pancake could care less about water and it does not bother her.

Status
Not open for further replies.