1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

DO NOT ORDER FROM TORTOISE TOWN

Discussion in 'Tortoise Vendor Reviews' started by SushiAndReptiles, Oct 30, 2018.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. SushiAndReptiles

SushiAndReptiles Member

Location (City and/or State):
    Lewisville, Texas
    Hello everyone, after less than a month of owning my sulcata hatchling from tortoise town, and $300+ of vet bills, I’m going to go ahead and advise you not to order from tortoise town. While they have an almost perfect review score online, i have heard nothing but heartache from their customers. Their website looks proffesional, yet they use copy righted photos that do not belong to them- of tortoises that aren’t theirs. They may answer your questions with smiles and seemingly helpful (but incorrect) information- but they are nothing but crooks. They raise sick tortoises, and sell them off at crazy prices. After several messages to them about how my Tortoise is withering away, they have not so much as bat an eye at my problems. If you want a healthy Animal, contact the mods on here, or check the vendor reviews. I might loose my Innocent baby tortoises to symptoms that could’ve been prevented if they cared about their animals in the slightest. Thanks for your time.
    Stoneman and TechnoCheese like this.
  2. Jodimsteinberg5

Jodimsteinberg5 Active Member

Knoxville
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    I’m loosing one from them too. I’ve only had him 2 months. How do I contact the mods on here to get a healthy one? I can’t do this heart break again. He’s still alive and staying overnight at the exotic veterinary clinic but the said his prognosis is not good. I’ll do everything I can for him.
  3. Jerry's Mom

Jerry's Mom Member

MA
    I wish I had found this forum BEFORE I found Tortoise Town. I got my guy from them three weeks ago. He appears to be happy and healthy, but after reading many threads and comments about how bad they are, I'm on edge that my little guy isn't as healthy as I think he is. I pray to the tortoise gods that I'm one of the few who ended up with a healthy baby! I also wish this forum would come up before sites like Tortoise Town and other not-so-great sites that recommend improper care. I sure have learned SO much more from this forum than I have from the 100s of other sites I visited before finding this forum.
    Stoneman likes this.
  4. SushiAndReptiles

SushiAndReptiles Member

Lewisville, Texas
    Best of wishes. Mine started out looking fine and almost instantly just dropped. Within a week he became deathly ill.
  5. Kforbes

Kforbes New Member

Latrobe, Pa.
    My son bought this baby from tortise town in Jan. He
    brought her to me to care for. After reading, learning, researching and doing all that I could for her.....she died early this morning. I was so attached to her, loved caring for her an now shes gone. Broken hearted....where can u find and buy a healthy baby? I would like to try again, my son spent $500
  6. Stoneman

Stoneman Active Member

Pacific Northwest, United States
    It depends on which species you are looking for. You can check the for sale sections of this forum. Personally I would recommend @wellington @Kapidolo Farms , and @Tom and @Yvonne G for starters. Good luck, and sorry about your tortoise.
    Kapidolo Farms likes this.