Do I need to take my tortoise to the Vet?

Maltesiors

This is probably a rhetorical question but I need to know 100% as I am not an expert on reptiles.
I got my female tortoise in October 2013. She is only a year old. She was very active to begin with but now she always hides under her hut. She occasionally comes out to look around but almost instantly goes back inside. She hasn't passed any faeces for nearly a week and I haven't seen her eat anything. I didn't hibernate her so I wonder if it's an impact from that. Her skin has also gone very dry but I soak her in a bath three times a week.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

Your little Russian tortoise is probably sensing the shorter, cooler days. It is inbred into them to hibernate during the winter, so that might be what's been driving him/her.

Can you tell us the temperatures of the tortoises habitat - all over the whole habitat at floor level? Also, the light - what kind and how long is it on.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:). The answers to the question Yvonne asked will help us know if you have things too cold and that's why she is doing what she is doing. Also, if you have any type of coil bulbs, get rid of them, they cause eye problems.