DIVA, OUR NEW ADDITION

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats Greg, she looks great. Was she from a private owner? I too was wondering about the fauna one. I thought maybe this one was her when I first seen the title. I know you've been looking for some time now. Glad it finally happened.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Whatever happened with that female that is posted on fauna? // Although she looks a little young maybe to produce?

~ I purchased both and traded for Diva. Yes, the female on Fauna was young and probably many years from production!

~ Here is a picture of the female on Fauna when we initially looked at her a few days ago!

IMG_1445.JPG

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
That's so great. Greg. Can't wait until chunky mcthunder thighs(blossom) gets that size. Hopefully will have such smoothness. Which I know is a crucial success to the symbiotic breeding nature of these giants.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Greg, would this lady be a wild caught tort?
You mention she's old and seeing that smooth shell makes me think she'd have been brought into captivity as an adult.
Prior to her being a pet, do you know any details (general or specific) on how she came into the pet trade?

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Greg, would this lady be a wild caught tort?
You mention she's old and seeing that smooth shell makes me think she'd have been brought into captivity as an adult.
Prior to her being a pet, do you know any details (general or specific) on how she came into the pet trade?

~ She was for sure imported as a mature adult and i do know some history. She was owned by Wayne Hill in the 90's and then where i got her from since then. She has been a very active egg layer, however she has not been with a mature male for several decades. That will change when she gets a green light from the vet, :D.

~ She has some white stuff on her shell, we are unsure exactly what it is. We are treating it daily. She seems thin and possibly dehydrated, however she is extremely friendly, not shy, strong and eats tremendously. Her stools look good!

IMG_1685.JPG

Last edited:

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
The last photo she's standing perfect too. Nice " H" to her posture. She's a good add for sure Greg. I'm sure dr.mader could swab and culture the white stuff. But it's probably nothing.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I thought she looked a little skinny, but figured it was just the camera angle. I know she won't be skinny for long though and will have the best care.
Hmmm, I wonder who will be here first boy friend.:D
When she does get to go in with the herd, do they all sworm and really check them out or not really care much. I can't remember how it went with the big male Alpha? you got.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
When she does get to go in with the herd, do they all sworm and really check them out or not really care much.

~ Unsure, she would know Peanut, because they were together many years ago at Wayne Hills in the 90's. However to my knowledge she has never had any exposure to any of our other adults.

~ I will share when that day comes. We speculate that she will need to be treated for parasites, etc. What ever Dr. Mader recommends as far as segregation, etc. We are very compliant with his direction and medical advise!