Digital light timer?

Whitneyrae

I was thinking of getting this digital timer from PetSmart online to regulate Izzy's day/night times, and also if I ever have to go out of town. has anybody used this kind? Just this last week I spent one night at a friends house and trusted my roommate to switch her lights and she didn't, and I still feel awful, anyways..just wondering if anybody has used this and liked it. Thanks! :)

CORALiFE® Aqualight Digital Power Center
PetSmart.com
$30.99
1875 watt max

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
No need for that. You can get a double outlet heavy duty three pronged digital "appliance" timer for $12 at Walmart or Home Depot. You can get the regular two pronged model for $8-9, which will work just fine for a few reptile lights.

Whitneyrae

When I looked at those it had a dial and I wasn't sure if I had to turn that dial every day, does Walmart or Home Depot have the timers that are continuous for at least a week?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
The dial type ones are the old style. They work fine, but wear out after a few years, and no, they don't have to ever be touched once they are set. I recommend the digital ones with no dial. I like the digital ones because there are no moving parts to wear out and they have a battery back up, so if the power fails or you unplug the timer to move the enclosures it saves all your settings.

Whitneyrae

okay, thanks so much Tom! I will be heading to Home Depot as soon as possible! (I'm guessing they have better product knowlege than Walmart) I appreciate your help, I wish I could buy you a beer for saving me thirty bucks! :)

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Your thanks and a happy healthy tortoise is the only reward I need.

Although beer is good too. Mexican beer. Mmmmm...

Whitneyrae

ohhhh Mexican beer....Mexico...lets all take our torts on a Mexican vacation!

ok... maybe that got out of hand, but thanks Tom, Izzy is already doing 100 times better because of all of you guys! :)

MsBeBe_E

5 Year Member
Georgia
Whitneyrae said:
I was thinking of getting this digital timer from PetSmart online to regulate Izzy's day/night times, and also if I ever have to go out of town. has anybody used this kind? Just this last week I spent one night at a friends house and trusted my roommate to switch her lights and she didn't, and I still feel awful, anyways..just wondering if anybody has used this and liked it. Thanks! :)

CORALiFE[REGISTERED SIGN] Aqualight Digital Power Center
PetSmart.com
$30.99
1875 watt max

Nmn m mkkjhmjhbnbnccc. Hhhv

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
I can't figure out how to reset my digital one after a power outage. The mechanical ones suit me better, and last long enough. They're cheap!

johnsonnboswell

5 Year Member
The clock. You set the timer to go on & off at a particular time, and you set its clock. If the power fails or you unplug it and then it starts up again, it picks up where it left off. Instructions may be easier for others to follow. Time changes befuddle me.