difference in greeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

swedeheart

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi,
I was just wondering what the difference between the Testudo graeca and Testudo graeca ibera Greek Tortoises is? ive tried looking it up, but i cant find the difference. Other than the shell is lighter on one of them. Thanks!

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Thanks Danny! Excellent post over there!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
dude, could you do that for the Russians?!?! LOL! I know no one ever talks about the differences in them... aren't there three types??? dying to know!

swedeheart

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Thank you Danny!! I love the detailed descriptions and pictures!!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Your welcome :D
I can try Kelly. I seem to have 2 of the subspecies right now, Testudo horsfieldii kazachstanica and T. h. rustamovi. I do have a large female (that I've had for 15 years) that may be a T. h. horsfieldii, but not sure. She is bigger then any of my T. h. kazachstanica females.

Danny

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
I am dying to see the RT subspecies illustrated. I read the despcription on Joe's site, but I need to SEE it for it to mean anything! LOL! Otherwise I'm LOST!

swedeheart

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I have another question...at the risk of sounding stupid... But are subspecies able to live together? I know different tortoises shouldnt live together (leopords, greeks, sulcata, etc). So does the same rule apply for sub species?

Status
Not open for further replies.