Diesel

Tjsalyers

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
I have had many turtles named diesel but I think this is permanent he has a nice attitude

Attachments

• 20210502_151511.jpg
    20210502_151511.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • 20210503_133534.jpg
    20210503_133534.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29

Tjsalyers

Indiana
I like the name so this will be permanent he is quite nice post more pics soon of enclosure any ideas on a cinder block enclosure

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Cinder blocks would work good. I would put wood or a block over hang at least on the corners.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Glad to hear from you...good luck with your latest Diesel!! The "wet" pic looks great!

Is that kind of like "Kenny" from SP? He gets deleted and a brand new Kenny shows up on the next show, no questions asked? lol

m irwin

Dallas
my outside enclosure is 50% standard 6 foot residential fence on one side, 2 high cinder block wall the other. It works very well. BC are cheap, easy to get (home depot, lowe's etc...), and easy to move around if you want to configure things differently. I then placed 2 layers of loose brick I had on top to cover CB holes and the brick is slightly longer then the CB, so it have it stick out 1/4 inch or so into the tank area to provide a small overhang. Not that I think a turlte could scale a completely flat vertical wall, but just in case. Incidentally, when you have opaque walls, they don't try and climb (maybe if their enclosure is too small or not enough "furniture" they will....). When you have see-through walls like wire hardware cloth or chicken wire, they will constantly try and climb out and they can climb! So my experience with CB is all positive... hope that helps.

Tjsalyers

Indiana
No some get loose because of dogs but he will be more protected by me he has a great personality he eats plenty cicadas worms anything that moves