Status
Not open for further replies.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
SWFL
We had some baby garter snake get loose in our basement. I think mama crawled into our bulkhead and dropped them between the outside door and the inside door.
I found one in my dog's bedding. The other lived inside the Bilco doors for a week, sliding under the aluminum door floorboard if we opened the inside door.
Anyway, my phobic husband was having a fit and I finally caught it up and released it. I just put the box down in the woods to let it go out on its own. I never saw a snake feel its way backwards, using it's tail. Was kind of interesting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOAV2B_BF1U&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Ann from CT

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
There are a lot of garter snakes were I live [FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT] I don't like them at all , the other day I went outside and I almost step on one [FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT][FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT][FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT][FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND COLD SWEAT] I ran like never in my life!! I like to look at them from far far faaaar away cause I think they are interesting but no touching , graving ir keeping them as pets lol

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Awesome save ! I don't understand how anyone could not love snakes .Show your husband this guy I have in my room .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Attachments

• 1380766730054.jpg
    1380766730054.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 45

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Too cute. I like how he is moving all over in the box. Then he finally sees the grass and sits and looks for a few, before moving on out.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
Mike, I am not kidding... the hubby was nauseous from knowing that little worm sized baby snake was in our basement. I could never have a snake!

Ann from CT

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: Didn't know snakes crawled in reverse!

AnnV said:
Mike, I am not kidding... the hubby was nauseous from knowing that little worm sized baby snake was in our basement. I could never have a snake!

Ann from CT

Its not his fault . It was programmed in his brain by his family when he was small . Like most kids . Some of us just can see the beauty in these animals. It took my wife years to be ok with them in the house .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.