Did I overfeed my baby leopard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pk2610

5 Year Member
It was so funny, just a few months ago, I started a thread asking advice on my underweight baby who did not gain any weight. Unfortunately, the poor baby did not make it and he only weighted 20 grams at 4 months old.

About 5 weeks ago, I've got another baby leopard who is 6 weeks when I received her. She weighted 40 grams out of the FedEx box. After 5 weeks, today she weights 72 grams, a gain of 32 grams in 5 weeks and she is not yet 3 months old.

Now my concern is "Did I overfeed my baby?" I feed her various type of greens: dandalion green, red leaf, green leaf, endive, collards, etc. She always finish her food and I will give more. I heard that fash growth is not that good, so should I cut back on the food I offer her? What specially is the disadvantages of fash growth rate?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Just make sure you are using enough calcium supplementation, UV (hopefully real sunshine) and hydration. It sounds like you now have a thriving healthy leopard tortoise.

dav3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scotland
Theres no such thing as overfeeding a tortoise:) they will eat however much you put in front of them
your tortoise seems perfectly healthy gratz

Status
Not open for further replies.