Dexter and I

Blakem

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
California
Hello my friend! I hope you all are doing well, as well as your turtles and tortoises. Unfortunately, I haven't been on the Forum regularly for some time now, Dexter and I are doing good.

Dexter is a big kid now. He Turn 4 in March. He weighs in at around 40 pounds and is about 17 inches long the last time I measured. I changed his outside area quite a bit comma extending the width by 2 feet, which helped with his continual growth. Here some pictures of him, enjoy!

As for myself, I've been busy, to say the least. In January, I got married. Within the last few months I finished College, receiving my credential in mild moderate and moderate severe special education. Wahoo! My wife and I build a raised garden bed, which is 150 square feet. I'll try to attach some other pictures as well.

Linhdan Nguyen

Maryland
That last picture of decter is so cute ! "THIS IS ALL MY FOOD!!"
& congrats on marriage and finishing school :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Congrats!

Why can't Dexter have the whole yard? (Not being judgemental...just wondering)

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
I let him out everyday to graze on the lawn. But, I own a dog and he needs the yard as well. Dexter also tends to walk and drag things in the yard, like my barbeque. So that's why I'll let him out when I'm home. He has a burrow that almost 2 people can fit into, his insulated house, food and water at all times to keep him content.

Last edited by a moderator:

Speedy-1

St. David Arizona
Congratulations , Great pics glad things are going so well ! Thanks for sharing your accomplishments with us ! :)

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California