'Desk Top' Humidifier Plans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
http://www.instructables.com/id/Desktop-Humidifier-1/

Plans for a rather simple 'desk top' humidifier. The basic idea should fit neatly in many habitat designs.

Mods would be easy- if you are using a basic plastic tub, you could connect the humidifier to the tub by bolting/riveting,hot-gluing a large PVC pipe floor flange to the outside of the humidifier, and another to the matching location on the tub, then drill air holes inside where the flange goes, then connect the two with a short piece of PVC.

I also bet that someone here could easily come up with a more 'tort-friendly' version!

Of course, this also reminds me of another fairly easy but often overlooked humidifier- large glass jar secured in a corner, with an airstone dropped in- the bubbling creates a lot of humidity- even more if you add a small heater.

philthyturtle

5 Year Member
does that jar airstone combo really work??? its so simple its genius haha

thank you for these tips!!! it will make it a lot easier than having to mist so much haha

also wouldnt adding the heater also increase the temperatures??

jobeanator

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
northern new york
thats interesting, what ive done to save me money was instead of buying the name brand zoo med reptifogger and such i went to walmart and got a 10$ humidifier for people but attached a pvc piping attachment to where the fog comes out into the enclosure and works just as well.

Ivyboo

5 Year Member
jobeanator said:
thats interesting, what ive done to save me money was instead of buying the name brand zoo med reptifogger and such i went to walmart and got a 10$ humidifier for people but attached a pvc piping attachment to where the fog comes out into the enclosure and works just as well.

Is it a warm air or cool air humidifier? Also would you have any pictures of this? I have a new enclosure that I'm trying to get the humidity right and this may help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.