Desert Tortoise

Jamal619

Location (City and/or State)
Escondido
Hey I’m selling my desert tortoise I can no longer care for it it’s about 7 years old it’s about 13 inches long and 10 wide. For pics or more info Text my number @ 619-724-7065. Thank you

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey I’m selling my desert tortoise I can no longer care for it it’s about 7 years old it’s about 13 inches long and 10 wide. For pics or more info Text my number @ 619-724-7065. Thank you
You can't sell desert tortoises. That is illegal. And 13 inches sounds pretty big for a DT. Is it a sulcata? Post a pic?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yep that is a DT. 13" is huge for any age, but surprising for a 7 year old.

This whole genus is protected and its a Federal Offense to sell them. Totally fine to give it away, and the new caretaker can easily get a new permit for it.

Jamal619

Escondido
You can't sell desert tortoises. That is illegal. And 13 inches sounds pretty big for a DT. Is it a sulcata? Post a pic?
Yep that is a DT. 13" is huge for any age, but surprising for a 7 year old.

This whole genus is protected and its a Federal Offense to sell them. Totally fine to give it away, and the new caretaker can easily get a new permit for it.
Ok thank you

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You got an extra $10,000 or $15,000 to spare? That's what the Department of Fish and Wildlife will fine you for selling baby desert tortoises.