Delayed Greeting

Danimal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
MS
Hello from N. Mississippi. Long time member first time poster (I think) My name is Danny and, among other creatures, we have been keeping reptiles since the mid/late 80's. My wife is the animal person, the one that tends to anthropomorphize all the animals and I love the husbandry side of it, particularly designing enclosures. We have 1 adult male Sulcata, Sherman, a rescue we've had for about 7 years. The vet thinks he is in the neighborhood of about 30 years old and he weighs about 100lbs. Shelly is a Juvenile male Sulcata we bought as a hatchling just before we acquired Sherman. So Shelly is about 7 years old. They are both on a diet of primarily bermuda hay supplemented with mazuri, fresh collards (mostly), turnip and mustard greens. Aloe and Opuntia when I can get it and calcium with an occasional slice of melon, pumpkin. We have a russian tortoise rescue we've only had maybe a year. I think she is young becuse she has grown a little since we have had her but we are unsure of the age.

My wife and I bought some land and are about to build our last house, hopefully we will be done by summer. I am working on a hybrid sulcata shed/burrow so I may be bouncing some Ideas off you guys. We have more proper space now and we will be looking to add a leopard tortoise as close to p. pardalis as I can find, Indian star or 3 and an Aldabra or 2.

ShermanIMG_2591.jpg

Shelly
IMG_0444.jpeg
IMG_0537.jpeg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi and welcome! I love the duck!!