Degrees in farenheit vs Celsius?

Jon G.

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Gulf Coast, FL
Another example for the common recommended basking temp of 95 Deg F...

Using the second formula above, (95 Deg F -32) / 1.8 = 35 Deg C.

Tolis

Tortoise Club
Cyprus EU
When I want to get an approximate estimation I know 30f is 0C and 100f is 40c and in between for every 10f you add 5c. But for more accuracy fastest option is google.

Attachments

• aid11717-v4-728px-Estimate-Celsius-Temperatures-in-Fahrenheit-Step-10-Version-3.jpg
    aid11717-v4-728px-Estimate-Celsius-Temperatures-in-Fahrenheit-Step-10-Version-3.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 4

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yep, it’s good to keep a few key reference temps in your head like Tolis noted.

In addition, i have always remembered the 1.8 degrees “formula” as well.

✅ In the Celsius scale the freezing point of water is defined as 0 °C and the boiling point is defined as 100 °C
✅ In the Fahrenheit scale the water freezes at 32 °F and boils at 212 °F

✅✅ In the Celsius scale there are 100 degrees between the freezing point and the boiling point of water compared to 180 degrees in the Fahrenheit scale. This means that 1 °C = 1.8 °F

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
I just figure this is an American forum. Anyone not American would assume if we are talking anywhere from 60 to 100 they would figure its Fahrenheit and they can convert it. I am not one that will convert it. I have before and its too big a hassle, so the one asking can do it.
I‘m Canadian so have used Celsius my entire life, but because everything I’ve read and learned on the forum has been in Fahrenheit, all of the digital thermometers and laser temp gun are set to Fahrenheit. It got too annoying doing conversions. Now if someone talks Celsius in relation to tortoise temps I have to convert to Fahrenheit ? I just can’t win.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Celsius just makes so much more sense. The USA should have switched over decades ago....IMO.
Sadly I agree. Far more precise and easy to increase 10mm to 1cm. 100 cm to 1m. US its 1/16 to 1 inch, 12 inches to one foot blah blah blah. Anything precise is in metric as most of my wrenches are (Subaru)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sadly I agree. Far more precise and easy to increase 10mm to 1cm. 100 cm to 1m. US its 1/16 to 1 inch, 12 inches to one foot blah blah blah. Anything precise is in metric as most of my wrenches are (Subaru)
Well, my very American hot rod was put together in freakin China, AND all the screws are metric (Camaro)

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
WAIT! You know I love you...but...bowtie crap??????????????????????????
Aren't All Chevie's Bowtie's? Amazon says
Chevy Bowtie Emblem Overlay

Why is Chevy symbol a bowtie?
It stands for the heritage and vision of Chevy vehicles, and has been used on the models at Chevrolet dealerships since 1913. ... The first possibility is that the bowtie was inspired by wallpaper that Chevrolet co-founder, William Durant, saw in a French hotel room.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Aren't All Chevie's Bowtie's? Amazon says
Chevy Bowtie Emblem Overlay

Why is Chevy symbol a bowtie?
It stands for the heritage and vision of Chevy vehicles, and has been used on the models at Chevrolet dealerships since 1913. ... The first possibility is that the bowtie was inspired by wallpaper that Chevrolet co-founder, William Durant, saw in a French hotel room.
So are you saying that I misunderstood your whole post? Not Chevy...crap, but Chinese building Chev is crap, and remember, my bowtie will out live, out run, and out power (huh?) Subaru

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
So are you saying that I misunderstood your whole post? Not Chevy...crap, but Chinese building Chev is crap, and remember, my bowtie will out live, out run, and out power (huh?) Subaru

I think he was using "crap" like you might use "well"

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Sadly that is the way off everything know-sub out the work/parts to China. As far as outlive- My '06 is just over 80's on its first engine, out run I will bow to you on most safe surfaces- snow, sand (2 beach rescues to its name), water (2' deep) are mine! Out power that's not even close I have a regular H4 although- I tow with mine and have pulled out some pretty wicked stumps! I have loaded mine so full with sod I could pet it will I drove home, heck right now I have 10 2x4's and 13 stair treads in it. To tell you a personal secret I dated a girl many years ago cause she had Firebird with a V-8 that compared to what you have was anemic. I like utility with power and my next will be a H$ + Turbo. Maggie that is why I :<3: you! You are a spitfire with no filter!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
BUT...check this out..
Sadly that is the way off everything know-sub out the work/parts to China. As far as outlive- My '06 is just over 80's on its first engine, out run I will bow to you on most safe surfaces- snow, sand (2 beach rescues to its name), water (2' deep) are mine! Out power that's not even close I have a regular H4 although- I tow with mine and have pulled out some pretty wicked stumps! I have loaded mine so full with sod I could pet it will I drove home, heck right now I have 10 2x4's and 13 stair treads in it. To tell you a personal secret I dated a girl many years ago cause she had Firebird with a V-8 that compared to what you have was anemic. I like utility with power and my next will be a H$ + Turbo. Maggie that is why I :<3: you! You are a spitfire with no filter!
Yeah, that "no filter" thing is sooo freakin true, and sometimes it's gets me in trouble