Deer fern farms

tortoisenotturtle

Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Anyone have any personal experience working with Deer fern farms? I feel like shipping an animal would be very tramatic but I live very close to them so it would not be a long trip for the little guy. Just want to make sure I would be buying from a good source since I have read too much bad stuff about petco, pet smart, etc..

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is Doug Dix. Great guy. I've bought animals from him and talked at length with him about reptiles and stuff. He is also a TTPG board member, if I'm not mistaken. He's also a friend of our own Cowboy Ken.

I highly recommend doing business with Doug.

bigbeaks

10 Year Member!
I've bought several uromastyx from Doug in the past. He was awesome to deal with. One of them died shortly after getting it and he replaced it immediately. Anyone that has had uromastyx knows they are very hard to keep alive. I wouldn't hesitate buying anything from him in the future! He is a very knowledgable guy and has awesome animals.

jskahn

5 Year Member
Wickenburg, AZ
I am planning to order 3 Uromastyx from him this week. Hopefully I will have a positive opinion to post.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Suburban-life in Salem, Oregon
How did I miss this? I've known Doug professionally and as a friend for better than 15 yrs. A fantastic person and businessman. He is a breeder/dealer that truly cares about the critters he sells. He wants things to be a good fit between animal and human and doesn't hesitate to share his knowledge with buyers or the public. Upstanding man that we all should strive to be like.
http://www.deerfernfarms.com

jskahn

5 Year Member
Wickenburg, AZ
I just got my 3 young Mali Uros from him. So far they look great

james1974

5 Year Member
Illinois
Would definitely not buy any tortoises from there again,I do not recommended them for a tortoise anyway,good luck,I would recommend the Arizona Tortoise Compound for tortoises!

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Would definitely not buy any tortoises from there again,I do not recommended them for a tortoise anyway,good luck,I would recommend the Arizona Tortoise Compound for tortoises!

If you give a review, good or bad, please offer the reasoning for it. Any review that simply states stay away or there're great is worthless without an explanation as to what makes them so great or poor. Please share your experiences with us.