Dead tortoise or not?

GrootM

Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Greetings,
I'm greatful to have stumbled upon your forum , looking for answers to what might happened to my tortoise

He had a clear fluid discharge from his nose a month before his shutdown but I read around it's mostly dehydration eventhough I've been putting him in lukewarm water and short terms under the sun since he woke early from the hibernation around a month before.

It's been 2 weeks today since he shutdown ,I waited the 48hours but he looked the same except his eyes got more sunken 2 days ago that I can't see them anymore! No discoloration, no squishy shell, legs not stiff, no maggots. Smell not bad as I've been putting him in lukewarm water and wrap him in the white cloth since he shutdown.
The attached photo is just now.

I kept him inside for the winter in a cartoon inside a baby-tub with some garden sand as he hibernated but after the fluid discharge he mostly slept with his head out which was unusual for him, I get him outside to walk or lay when it's sunny in winter days. He was superactive and clawing his way up the tub so I put him under the sun 2 hours before I found him shutdown outside ..

What can I do to help him if he's alive?

.... How do I bury him if he's not

Thank you in advance

quickgrid_201932781825582.png

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
When you gently tap his eye do you get any reaction from the tortoise? Does he move at all?