Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Nope. No GOOD explanation. I vote we all quit it and leave the time alone!!!

Thalatte

5 Year Member
Cowboy_Ken said:
I think it's so Arizona and Utah can justify being, “different"!

Utah changes time. I was late several times when I first moved up there because of this. As far as I know its to prove how much smarter Az is, only state that doesn't change! We are such rebels!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
I have no idea why we do this change. I am just glad most clocks change themselves. I just dropped my dog off for his grooming appointment and had to wait around for an extra half an hour because the manager forgot the time change. First how do you forget? It's all people talk about for like a week before. Also no matter if you spring forward or fall back people are using the time change as an excuse to be late.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
It was designed so we actually have our "working" hours more based upon when the sun is shining I believe.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
"It has its roots in France, with Ben Franklin, due to a desire the preserve candle wax. In some ways, he was quite a harsh man.

In any case, the United States formally instituted Daylight Saving Time in 1918 to place work and school schedules within daylight hours to save electricity."

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
its a stupid reason in my book.. I say we Don't do it one year and see if there is any difference..
I know in the fall, when the time changes, stores and busineses are dead.. for about a week or so unitl people get used to it happening all at once.. The light changes Naturally... we dont have to push it!

Status
Not open for further replies.