DARN IT!!! *ANOTHER* missed clutch of Home's eggs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Cadillac, Michigan
ARRRRGGGGHHH!!!

So, year before last, I brought the Hingebacks in for the fall and a month or so later, when I was cleaning out their outdoor enclosure, I found three eggs. By then, it was too late to try to incubate them, they had gotten quite cold.

So this last winter, I didn't think they had laid. I kept checking and looking, and nothing.

Well, I was getting ready to haul their winter enclosure outside for a powerwash and reseal, and I found two more eggs :( They were all dried up and no good, but dang it, I sifted through all the substrate and somehow STILL missed them!

Now, if I could quit wrecking the dang eggs, maybe I would get some babies! You can be darn sure I will be REALLY checking this year, both indoor and out.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Oh how disappointing. They must have been laid on Easter and your tort thought she was suppose to hide the eggs!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I feel for you Kristina. It seems with me I manage to harm more eggs then I ever get to even try to incubate, too. Third time will be your charm, I am sure of it!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I second a camera of some kind web, nanny, something you can either watch or review to see if any digging occurs

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Thanks guys :( I really hope I get SOMETHING this year. Breeding activity started about a month ago so I have been really keeping an eye on them. I just can't believe I missed the eggs AGAIN!!!!

A camera isn't a bad idea... I'll look into it!

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
You need a cheap security camera that records

Fernando

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Webcams can record too. I'm sure you can find free software online and run a long USB Cord (15ft is the max I think :() to you home PC or something like that...even something wireless

Tortoise

10 Year Member!
Canada
Oh sorry to hear that-3 is my lucky number, 3rd time lucky I am sure.
Maybe you will get really good eggs as they are well practiced now too.
keep searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.