Dale's new outside enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Alhambra, CA
We are almost done with Dale's outside enclosure. It took us a while, but my husband and I worked hard on it. We put Dale in yesterday because the weather was about 80 degrees. He's not exactly sure yet, but I think he's going to love it. Before he could see out, but we put the boards up and now he should feel more secure. It was so funny when my husband put a brick inside and Dale tried to climb over it I was laughing a lot. At the end of the day he was asleep in some long grass. We still have some stuff to do like plant some plants and we still have to put some wire up although we've decided not to leave him out at night. Hope you enjoy them. :D Candy

Last edited by a moderator:

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Its beautiful! You did such a good job! I'm sure that once he is used to it, he won't want to leave at all! Excellent!

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
WOW Candy !!!! Dale will definitely love it in his new enclosure :) Kudos to you and your hubbie :D
Yay for Dale !!! I can't wait to build Tallula one, one day!

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It looks nice, you should plant some hibiscus in there, my DT's love the red flowers.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You did a really good job. Big pats on the back to you and hubby!

Yvonne

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Are you going to install a mister for humidity? And is it buried at all? Looks awsome!!
he should be nice and safe

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
We did buy a mister at lowes, but haven't put it up yet. I've heard a lot of people on this site use their hoses to water down the enclosure everyday instead. We are going to put bricks around it and some big rocks on the inside to keep him safe. I don't want my dog Emma digging a hole for him to get out. I wish I could cement around it and then I wouldn't have to worry about Emma at all digging. He has already scared me when I couldn't find him the other day, but he was just hiding in some long grass in the enclosure. Candy

Status
Not open for further replies.