DAISY'S GARDEN IS FINISHED!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
It's a beautiful, sunny day! The garden is finished!!!

photo(9).JPG

photo(8).JPG

photo(7).JPG

photo(6).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

lovelyrosepetal

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Your Daisy is one lucky girl. It looks really nice and I love the pic with your baby, so cute!

dcwolfe

5 Year Member
Mesa, AZ
It's wonderful, I would sit on the port and spend all day looking at the tort

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
Beautiful garden :)

So now you don't ask your son to stay inside during photo session? :D
He's giving a really nice touch to the picture, but a show of his face with the tort will be excellent :)

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Yellow Turtle said:

He's giving a really nice touch to the picture, but a show of his face with the tort will be excellent :)

Haha, I tried to get a photo of him looking at the camera, but he did not cooperate at all. He was way too interested in Daisy to look at mommy.

Yellow Turtle

5 Year Member
Indonesia
shellysmom said:
Yellow Turtle said:

Haha, I tried to get a photo of him looking at the camera, but he did not cooperate at all. He was way too interested in Daisy to look at mommy.

Lol since he has the same genetic code as you...

Tropical Torts

10 Year Member!
Northwest FL
Very nice. One thing i noticed that could be a potential problem is that one of the corners do not meet, there is a potted hibiscus there instead. In my experience redfoots are surprisingly better escape artists than they are given credit for. It's hard to tell from the picture but your redfoot could use the pot and the fence to climb out of the enclosure.

He may not do this but it's something to consider. Otherwise, you did an excellent job on the enclosure!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I was worried about that corner too, only I thought the tortoise would go on its side and squeeze between the fence and the pot to escape.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
emysemys said:
I was worried about that corner too, only I thought the tortoise would go on its side and squeeze between the fence and the pot to escape.

I was worried about that part, too, at first, and will probably cut one more section to fit there, but I tell you what... That pot is about 40 lbs. and much wider at the top than the bottom, so there is no way she can move it or use it to climb on. And unlike some other tort species, she's so long and narrow and top-heavy, with little elephant feet, she's a *horrible* climber, lol. She's tried before on a couple things, but never gets more than 3" up. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.