D3 vitamins, Red Foots

Octopause

Location (City and/or State)
Metro Manila
I apologise for asking a difficult question but I am in need of some advice regarding D3 gel tabs (I'll be cutting the gel to get the vitamin or if you have your own formulas you're willing to share).

Vitamin D supplements- dosage information | Tortoise Forum - I read this post regarding this and I wanted to make sure I'm doing the right thing for my little 125g RF.

I'm asking this because sometimes I can't take my RF outside to bask in the early morning sun. I'm usually able to take the tort out 4x a week and 15-20mins if the sky is clear and 30-45mins if it's cloudy per day. My problem is, sometimes work gets too busy and I'm never able to take my tort outside for a whole week sometimes.

I feed my tortoise a mix of boiled squash and Mazuri 5M21 as a base
Romaine, Green Iceberg Lettuce and Carrots
Tomatoes, Mangoes, Grapes and Papaya
Canned Button Mushrooms and Shiitake Mushrooms
A single piece of low fat cat food pellet/a small piece of egg white/a small piece of boiled chicken per week.

I don't yet have any reptile calcium mixes, but I do give my RF some food grade calcium carbonate every week.
I know not to worry about slightly overdosing calcium by itself since the tortoise is just gonna poop it out, but I will have to when I start dosing D3 if I have to.

I don't want to use UVA&B fixtures because they're too expensive and they don't deliver adequate radiations.
My method of just using the sun instead of fixtures is due to my experience with being able to restore severely eroded freshwater snail shells by just taking them to my outdoor pond.

Attachments

• 20210109_021827.jpg
    20210109_021827.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3
  • 20210109_021907.jpg
    20210109_021907.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3