Cutting Rubbermaid Containers To Combine Vs Kiddie Pools etc??

DreamPets

I have read some threads and in the future plan on getting help( not that handy) building a great indoor home for my box turtles. The outdoor I have solved!! You all helped me with a substrate issue ( Thank you!!!) So the day old question is housing choices! I know you all answered these before but couldn't find it on container combining and other items I will add in. I want easy to move if needed until the perm ones are built. On a budget right now, have also looked at plastic and metal stock tanks, those plastic ones that are made for water turtles. Yes I been looking up images of different homes!!! Area will be floor level for two and the others sitting on a shelf /table above it.

A) Rubbermaid 50 gallon tote, Id have up to 3 or 4 starting with 2 for each turtle making a " square" of sorts, then later more length.. Im just worried about sharp edges even after I sand it and the durability of it after cutting it. And cracking the plastic( again, not handy like that!!) But love the look, height and easy to move/clean ( they are in a rubber maid now )

B) Kiddie Pool ( i know hard only or the turtles can pop it!!!) and add height with a 2 -4 foot tall roll of bamboo or wood or another pool on top as a lid with the air holes and top cut out for the lights? Mesh on top? I of course want the 5ft foot pool for each turtle :)

C) Put some flooring like tile on the floor and make walls somehow,/second shelf with shelf enclosed so they cant fall/climb out. Have a box for their bedding/humidity needed and of course proper "roofs for both levels, lights, air flow etc" Still trying to sort this one out!!

Thank you in advance!! Ill try to read up and reply to others soon, its been busy here with the family! Hope you all are doing good!

DreamPets

Thank you jaizei! It looks like a great enclosure :) Easy to make as well.

( Did not mean 2-4 feet, meant inches of adding the wood - Im tired)