"Cupcake"

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
The growing part is what makes them so fun, knowing he will outlive me is also so interesting. Its possible one of my great grandchildren could have him someday, or maybe he will end up back in the Scheshells with his own kind. I've started a journal for him so it can follow him throughout his life. His start, the people who have related to him and growth. I'll post s pic now and then as he grows I have a 1/4 acre fenced yard that will be all his when he needs it.

Holycow

10 Year Member!
Homestead ,FL
View attachment 87638 Got my new 7 mo old yesterday. All settled in to his new home. Since I'm in So Florida and it's hot now he is mostly outside in his enclosure. I'll post some pics along the journey. He's about 5 3/4 inches and almost 1 lb Lol.

South FL is the place to be for tortoises. Welcome to the club!

Alaskamike

South Florida
Found this little plant in Wallmart called "Rainbow Elephant Bush" said it was a major food souse for the elephant population n South Africa. So I got it and planted it in there He took a couple nibbles at it but went to the hibiscus bush for a real meal lol Gave him a small piece of banana with the rind on it. He attacked it - All gone in no time. I found what his "candy " is. Have to do that once in a great while.

Alaskamike

South Florida
Looks like a content Aldabra ready to retire with all of his investments in hibiscus flower stocks :) Congratulations!
Yes. That's funny. I'm sure Cupcake will become more a part of the family soon. But I am planting things I know he can eat around the yard. Got a little grove of the pad cactus - the ones without thorns started. Ordered some Masuri for him as a suppliment to diet. Got a cuttle bone and broke it up a bit for his dish. New babies get allot of attention. Hahaha