Cuora

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Iowa
View attachment 602View attachment 603View attachment 604Today I found this guy in a local petshop. He had been in the shop less than 24 hours in an enclosure with russians (less than ideal). I believe it is a Cuora amboinensis but not sure as I am not that familiar with asian boxes.

Last edited by a moderator:

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
It is C. amboinensis :D Most likely C.a.kamaroma from vietnam, laos, cambodia,thailand, myanmar and malaysia.

Danny

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
They were selling it as a western (?) box turtle. Had them pull it out, had good weight and a strong kick. So it went home and am now settiup suitable habitat. It loves pineapple (fruit day for rfs and burmese).

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I believe it is male from tail length and slight concavity of pastrom.

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Very Nice. Looks like a girl to me.

You will almost never see a captive born adult so keep it far away from your torts. Also wash your hands really good to prevent cross contamination.

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
I believe it is a long term captive. I went in the shop at about 4:00 pm on Sat to get some silicon and it wasn't there. Then on Sunday went in for more supplies (making a humidifier) and was there, had been traded in that day. I definately keep it seperated from other animals as is my standard practice. Went in to finish one project and now have to start another enclosure. This hobby is a neverending process of building ( I must be crazy).

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
The Asians are sweet friendly guys aren't they? Can't wait for it to warm up a bit, so our two can get back outside to their pen. Will you be keeping yours outside too?

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
Yes, I'm designing outside enclosure now.

Status
Not open for further replies.