CTTC Inland Empire featuring our very own Tom - Feb 6 in Redlands!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
That was a great presentation. You all missed out.

Awe man.... You should have said Hi and introduced yourself. Were you the guy over to my right, near the back, sitting with the lovely lady?

Sorry I didn't get to meet you. I was looking forward to it. Those were mostly all new faces to me too.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Josh: You mentioned "Robyn" in your post up above. Is that Crazy1? How's she doing?

Not answering for Josh, but I spoke briefly with her. She says she will be retiring soon and promised to spend more time on the forum with us. She looked happy, healthy and in good spirits despite the awful traffic everyone fought coming in.

HLogic

5 Year Member
Florida, USA
I started walking there on Wednesday but only got as far as Wyoming by the time the presentation started, so I turned around and came back...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I started walking there on Wednesday but only got as far as Wyoming by the time the presentation started, so I turned around and came back...

You must be a pretty fast walker...either that, or you started last April!!

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
Awe man.... You should have said Hi and introduced yourself. Were you the guy over to my right, near the back, sitting with the lovely lady?

Sorry I didn't get to meet you. I was looking forward to it. Those were mostly all new faces to me too.

Yes sir, i was going to introduce myself after your presentation but you seemed to disappear and to be honest we hadn't ate dinner so we were starving.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Yes sir, i was going to introduce myself after your presentation but you seemed to disappear and to be honest we hadn't ate dinner so we were starving.

We had some Eureka Burger before the meeting. Man that was good. It would have been a whole different presentation had I not eaten first. :mad:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
My experience with CTTC (quite a few years old, I'll admit) was that they weren't interested in change. Was your talk well-accepted and did you have many good questions at the end?

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
We had some Eureka Burger before the meeting. Man that was good. It would have been a whole different presentation had I not eaten first. :mad:

We left with plenty of time, I had assumed. However we got stuck behind 3 accidents on the way there.

Something about your intestines being empty makes you lot less sociable.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
G-stars it is really to bad you weren't able to meet them all. At least you live close enough to possibly meet them soon.
Can't wait to see the vid. I sure hope a lot of the members took in what you were saying and will change things if needed.
Glad it all want good.

G-stars

5 Year Member
Southern California
G-stars it is really to bad you weren't able to meet them all. At least you live close enough to possibly meet them soon.
Can't wait to see the vid. I sure hope a lot of the members took in what you were saying and will change things if needed.
Glad it all want good.

It actually seemed like most people there accepted Toms methods just fine. The Q&A afterwards was well received and from my observations most people didn't disagree with his results.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom's Support Team was none too happy about the prospect of putting off dinner, either! And, @Tom there's an a la minute in Orange and Claremont, as well! Josh turned us on to this little gourmet ice cream parlor...and WOW! I'd never seen anything like it!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My experience with CTTC (quite a few years old, I'll admit) was that they weren't interested in change. Was your talk well-accepted and did you have many good questions at the end?

It seemed to be well accepted. Lots of good questions at the end. Apparently there was a little grumbling from an old timer or two in the audience, but I never heard it. Everyone was very respectful and most seemed genuinely interested, except the one lady who was nodding off as I droned on and on. Seems like a really nice club. Wide variety of personalities and ages.

It was a great night. I enjoyed myself and the speech was a lot less disjointed the second time around. I've thought of plenty of revisions and updates for the next time.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Great presentation Tom. I also liked that the questions at the end, let you touch on some of the other subjects that are so often argued, like soaking and keeping tortoises in pairs.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, two members within a week speakng. Good luck. If I wasn't so far away. Let us know how it goes.