Not open for further replies.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
found it at Petco
The link is www.mtnmeadowspet.com
Phone 800-752-8864

States "it is safe for reptiles, environmentally friendly, made of palletized straw. Is an all grass fiber pellet that will pass through the digestive systems safely if ingested (it's their "bran" for the day). No dust, mites, moths or other insect contamination and it will not grow molds or fungus when scooped daily. Oh and it can be flushed or composted.
I put some in water to see what would happen and it almost disappeared!

I have a email in to them on what other types of grasses are in it besides winter wheat grass.
I'll keep everyone updated when I get the rest of the ingrediants.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
Hi Robyn,
It sounds good, but I personally wouldn't use it except on large sulcatas and leopards. I say this because the pellets will give no traction for walking on with smaller tortoises. It will be like walking through quicksand. Their legs going right through the pellets. Larger tortoises walk much higher off the ground and place their feet straight down, so will have a much easier time walking on the pellets.

Danny

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
egyptiandan said:
Hi Robyn,
It sounds good, but I personally wouldn't use it except on large sulcatas and leopards. I say this because the pellets will give no traction for walking on with smaller tortoises. It will be like walking through quicksand. Their legs going right through the pellets. Larger tortoises walk much higher off the ground and place their feet straight down, so will have a much easier time walking on the pellets.

Danny
Funny I was just watching them this morning and thought they seemed to be having a little more difficulty walking on that side of the pen. Though Echo seems to find it fun to kind of snuggle in the corner and dig in it. By the time I am ready to change it out I will have more coco fiber dried out.
Thanks for the input Danny.

Status
Not open for further replies.