Crisis Averted!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellysmom

10 Year Member!
Yesterday evening the roofers were here repairing a leak, and they had to set up a ladder in Daisy's enclosure to access the roof. Well, they must have dragged the ladder out or something, because I went out this morning to feed her and the fencing where the ladder had been was knocked over, and she was gone. I was panicked. I rushed to drop the kids off at school, tears running down my cheeks, thinking I'd never see her again. I rushed home, started looking frantically in all the bushes cursing myself and the roofing guys. Then I look up and she's standing on the front porch, staring at me like, "Why are you in the bushes, and where's my breakfast already?" :D

She was such a good girl for not wandering off, I topped her breakfast with strawberries.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
I know that feeling, when your sure they're gone...your whole stomach drops out but finding them again is the best feeling. So glad you had a happy ending.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Those are scary times. Glad you found her and then gave her a special treat.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So glad it had a happy ending. I get that feeling when I can't find Tatum even though I know he can't get out. I can't imagine if I thought he could have gotten out. The roofers wouldn't survive to roof again, the idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.