Platinum Tortoise Club
Yes let the tortoise eat them .

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Are they in your substrate? You can put the tortoise in its safe outdoor enclosure and then bake, boil, or replace your substrate.

Crickets can injure sleeping reptiles by chewing on them, so you don't want to leave them in there.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you're having a cricket infestation, you can put down a line of either borax or diatomaceous earth. Bugs usually won't cross the line.

I am having an ear wig attack. Every night, while I'm comfortably sitting in my recliner chair watching NCIS re-runs, I see ear wigs marching across my bedroom floor. So yesterday I put down a line of borax across the outside doorway (I thought that's where they were coming from), and last night, no bugs!

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I'm not sure where your cricket problem is, but they require a moist environment, it may be as simple as letting the area dry out to chase them away. DE works also. " Good Luck"

kball

If you're having a cricket infestation, you can put down a line of either borax or diatomaceous earth. Bugs usually won't cross the line.

I am having an ear wig attack. Every night, while I'm comfortably sitting in my recliner chair watching NCIS re-runs, I see ear wigs marching across my bedroom floor. So yesterday I put down a line of borax across the outside doorway (I thought that's where they were coming from), and last night, no bugs!
Love ncis.

I had a grasshopper infestation and I changed the bedding and scribed the tank.

TortoiseRN

5 Year Member
NCIS LA is awesome. Pretty much the only show my wife and I watch together.

Pills bugs will eat the crickets eggs and are great at cleaning up the tank. Plus they won't mess with your torts. Only issue is that you will then have pill bug infestation.

kball

NCIS LA is awesome. Pretty much the only show my wife and I watch together.

Pills bugs will eat the crickets eggs and are great at cleaning up the tank. Plus they won't mess with your torts. Only issue is that you will then have pill bug infestation.

I like both ncis but the regular one is my fav.

Just got a bunch of pill bugs and put them in my tank.

TortoiseRN

5 Year Member
You will have hundreds in about two weeks. My kids play with the pill bugs more than the torts.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Get a box turtle! My babies can rip through 60 crickets in half an hour. My juveniles can do in 100 in around 15 minutes.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
I use diatomaceous earth Food Grade (make sure its food grade) whenever I'm having a bug problem in my torts enclosures and within a week dramatic decrease in bugs. Make sure if you choose to use DE to wear a mask and eye protection while putting it down, its bad when its air born but once it is settled its safe. :)

janetm

Phoenix AZ
I have 2 desert tortoises. We live in Phoenix. We just moved and the new place seems to be infested with crickets. I have a regular bug guy who is careful to not spray near my tortoises. I tried DE which seemed to make no difference at all. My bug guy gave me some bait which we've been using for a few days. It has maybe helped a little. I guess we will try my husband's idea nest--put a sticky trap under a crate. Does anyone else have any ideas?