Creases in scutes?

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia, PA
Troggy has had some creases in the yellow areas of some of his scutes (particularly one bear his tail and one on either side near his mid-section). I sort of thought they would smooth out as his grew. His humidity is 80% or higher, he gets soaks once or twice daily, and the creases have been there since day 1. I don't care about them as long as they're not indicative of anything troublesome.

Attached is a photo of him where you can just barely see them. (He's in for the night now or I'd take a better photo.)

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
Annnnnndddd I forgot the photo. Derp.

Attachments

• 1442536014137.jpg
    1442536014137.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 46

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Lol. I have leopard tortoise that has the same issue. Always has. I assumed it would grow out, but it hasn't. She is 16 months. Maybe it still will. I don't think it's worrisome.

domalle

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Annnnnndddd I forgot the photo. Derp.

He looks good to me too. I have found that the key to smooth growth is slow steady growth.
And by the way, may I file 'Derp' away for possible use as a turtle name down the road?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have always like the sound of "Derp." Not too thrilled with some of the images for "derp," but really like the sound of it on my tongue:

0818.png

Derp_Derp_Derp.png

domalle

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Now I'll never get to sleep.

Rutibegga

5 Year Member
Philadelphia, PA
He looks good to me too. I have found that the key to smooth growth is slow steady growth.
And by the way, may I file 'Derp' away for possible use as a turtle name down the road?

Derp away.

He's growing steadily: about a gram per day since I've had him. Slow? I don't know. He seems to be getting big so fast! But his shell isn't getting any more texture to it, so I don't think he's pyramiding, just maintaining his normal shape.