Crazy cat!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Sterling is a new stray that arrived about a month ago. I had her spayed a couple weeks ago. . . well, I took HIM in to be neutered and the vet spayed her instead. She has two little tufts of hair under her tail that sure looked like little testicles to me. oh well. Anyway, she's about 6 or 7 months old and quite the active little kitten. It's been over 20 years since I've had a "kitten" here. All the strays that come here are full grown cats. I kept her in the house because of the stitches from her operation, and I got used to her and her antics and decided to keep her indoors. She's just got so much personality. All my throw rugs are in bunches and scrunched up. The stack of newspapers next to the wood stove is tipped over and spread around the floor. If I put her outside, I'm afraid her cute personality will be lost.

Sterling outside when she first showed up:
Sterling 6-4-17.jpg

Next to the wood stove (Miss Innocent):
Sterling 6-28-17 a.jpg

Looking to see what's interesting going on inside the fridge:
Sterling 7-19-17 a.jpg Sterling 7-19-17 b.jpg

Helping me prepare the tortoise food:
Sterling 7-19-17 c.jpg

"Did you get anything good at the store, Mom?"
sterling 7-28-17 b.jpg Sterling 7-29-17 a.jpg

Trying to find a way into the baby box turtle enclosure:
Sterling c.jpg Sterling d.jpg

Her latest toy:

Sterling's new toy.jpg

"Did I do that?"

Sterling.jpg

Do you get the impression I sort of like this new kitten?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have a dog that I just love to death, Misty:

misty 6-7-14.jpg

Another cat that lives in the house, Little Missy Kitty:

Lil Missy Kitty 07-25-14.jpg Lil Missy Kitty-a.jpg

Five cats that live outside, Spencer (who comes in at night - she rushes the door and squeaks by), Lady Grey, Little Brother, Charlie and Mr. Kitty, who is real feral and I don't have a picture of:
Spencer 2-22-15.jpg Lady Grey 3-18-14.jpg Little Brother 4-16-13.jpg Charlie 3-16-17.jpg

and over 100 turtles and tortoises, but none of them are actually "pets."

Maitaimommy

Absolutely love the pet pics! I can't imagine a life without them!
Thanks for sharing! Where do the tortoises that you mention live?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have an acre of land. Each species has it's own yard. The only ones that live inside are babies.

Rachael403

NE, USA
I know that this is super "late" for this forum, but your animals are adorable!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
@Yvonne G, Sterling is a gorgeous kitten! I love that silver tuxedo marking. All of your cats are beautiful. And obviously... very well fed:) I love the pic of Misty's nose:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Yvonne G, Sterling is a gorgeous kitten! I love that silver tuxedo marking. All of your cats are beautiful. And obviously... very well fed:) I love the pic of Misty's nose:)

Thank you. That bowl was the remnants of some chip dip that I gave her to clean up. If you notice, she's got it inside her nose, on her face and on the outside of the bowl. She's not a very tidy eater!

Pearly

5 Year Member
Thank you. That bowl was the remnants of some chip dip that I gave her to clean up. If you notice, she's got it inside her nose, on her face and on the outside of the bowl. She's not a very tidy eater!
Hahahah! My cat Maxi is the messiest eating cat I've ever had too. I get to pick food out of his nose all the time:) is Spencer the one sitting in the big bowl on your coffee table? Perfect choice of a "kitty nest":)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hahahah! My cat Maxi is the messiest eating cat I've ever had too. I get to pick food out of his nose all the time:) is Spencer the one sitting in the big bowl on your coffee table? Perfect choice of a "kitty nest":)

No, that's Little Missy Kitty. Spencer is the tabby on the steps.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Your new fur child is SO CUTE!!!

I know, huh. She was going to get kicked back outside as soon as her spay scar healed up, but she really grew on me while she was in here. So she's an indoor cat now.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I have as many cats in my yard and on my roof....And I don't have cats.

That's a real nuisance. I feel for you. My next door neighbor has tom cats that come over here and fight with my spayed and neutered cats. (and eat my cat's food) I scat them and they run home, and now when I open the door they run home. But it's still a nuisance for them to be here when I'm not outside.

Pearly

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1501869474.642108.jpgspeaking of crazy cats, Yvonne yours is a juvenile but mine is 8 yrs old, so what's his excuse?!:) I was just cleaning my Mom's kitchen and he wouldn't miss opportunity of checking out her cupboard since the cabinet door was left open for me to put away clean dishes. Silly Maxi boyImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1501869675.704103.jpg but look at this face! I can't be mad with him even for a moment