Crash Landed

ryvanzandt

Location (City and/or State)
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Thanks to Carol S. crash landed safe and sound a week ago. Crash has been getting use to life in Ohio. So far I believe crash has been enjoying it. Crash is not to happy I keep moving things around. Crash loves sleeping about 2 inches under the moss pile at his/her basking spot. Tried to get crash to use the hide I created but he/she would not have it and went straight back to the moss pile.

Pics below of the enclosure. It's a DIYCages scratch and dent. 48x24x24. Have Phillips hue bulb on one side programmed to fade in in the morning and out at night. 22" Arcadia T5HO hanging about 15" up. The pain has been the basking bulb. Had a halogen, but took it out after Carol suggested not using them. 65 watt flood would work, but enclosure was getting pretty warm all over. After a few different Amazon deliveries. 45 watt flood is heating basking area to about 101 after 10 hours. Hitting 95 after 2 hours. Enclosure air temp gets to 81 on far side. Substrate reads 74. Should I program in some off time for the basking light during the day every 3 hours or so?

So far crashes mo is emerge from his burrow about 1 hour after basking light comes on. Bask in the coir and moss for an hour or so. Head to the all you can eat salad bar. Take a stroll around crash town. Head back to the basking spot and after about 20 min. get about halfway under the moss pile and just bask there for a few hours and head back to the salad bar. Usually digging in an hour or 2 after that.

I usually uncover crash after I get home to give him/her there soak. At that time I spot clean and give fresh salad. After the soak crash has a snack and heads back to the moss pile and digs in for the night.

Comments, suggestions, ans questions are all welcome. Thanks again Carol.

20190924_190741.jpg 20190924_190755.jpg 20190924_190750.jpg

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Richmond, VA
Where's your color dot? MIne is one year old and still has theirs. Carol S is awesome

Attachments

• IMG_1880.jpeg
    IMG_1880.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3