Craigslist: Sulcata tortoises adults (San antonio)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texastort

10 Year Member!
dalano73 said:
That doesn't tell you much of anything..

I've been talking with this guy. He has a lot of sulcatas. He has a female I want but I can't swing the price :(

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas, NV
Texastort said:
dalano73 said:

I've been talking with this guy. He has a lot of sulcatas. He has a female I want but I can't swing the price :(

Im sure it wasn't a low price either...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not sure, because I don't use Craigslist, but I THINK its against their rules to SELL or ask money for animals. They probably feel they can get buy with the ad if they don't mention $$$. That's why you always see "adoption fee."

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
It is against policies to sell animals, which is why 're-homing fee' is used. Asking a 'small' fee is generally accepted to prevent people from using the animals for undesirable purposes. I recall reading about it a long time ago, but supposedly there are people who take the dogs/cats that are 'free to good home' and butcher/eat them. :(

Texastort

10 Year Member!
dalano73 said:
Texastort said:
dalano73 said:

Im sure it wasn't a low price either...

Yeah. 800 bucks for 60lb female. Can't stomach that much! His torts are large and from what I could gather well taken care of.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Maybe he subscribes to the less is more theory?

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
jaizei said:
It is against policies to sell animals, which is why 're-homing fee' is used. Asking a 'small' fee is generally accepted to prevent people from using the animals for undesirable purposes. I recall reading about it a long time ago, but supposedly there are people who take the dogs/cats that are 'free to good home' and butcher/eat them. :(

Yeah, I saw someone selling a rabbit yesterday with a rehoming fee of $70 so it "won't end up as snake food"

Sadly, acutally that makes sense. I'm sure some people are looking for free meals for their snakes, etc.

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
Yes, I agree with Pokeymeg. Here in the city any free animal can be used for pitt-fighting, or a free meal for humans/snakes. Also, expermental research. You have to ask for an adoption fee that will cost more than the labs will pay for the animal.

~C

Status
Not open for further replies.