Craigslist "Pets" Forum has me fuming!!!

Tank'sMom

Location (City and/or State)
Olmito, Tx
So I'm hitting up Craigslist today and for the first time I notice that they have forums. So I go the "pets" forum and introduce myself, my exotics, and ask a question about finding a good Ferret vet. I initially thought this was a local forum, as Craigslist normally is, right? Well I find myself under attack for breeding Sugar Gliders and having been an exotics breeder in the past. These people seem to think Dogs and cats and maybe fish are the only animals that should be kept as pets. That there is no way "wild animals" can be happy in captivity! One even implied I should "return my Gliders to the trees from which they came. Ignorant a$$holes! Extremely anti-breeding. When it comes to dogs and cats I can understand and completely agree. I'm pro-shelter adoption all the way. But to tell me that keeping exotics is essentially a wrong, negative, miserable life for all is extremely uneducated and untrue. I've been going at it with these people all afternoon. Lol…
Somebody please check this out and tell me I'm not crazy! My handle there under the "pets" forum is "KymmK". Interesting reading. We need to stick up for our love of exotics. I amy not change their minds, but I am definitely gonna make them think!!!
Vent over….

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Welcome to my world. I fight that crappola every day.

Animal rightist drivel fueled by ignorance and emotion. We even have bouts of it here on THIS forum from time to time. Imagine that. Keepers of exotic wild animals in their own back yards lamenting and complaining about other keepers of other exotic animals. No matter how many times I try to explain it, they fail to see their own ignorance or the hypocrisy of their position. It astounds me. Sounds like exactly what you have stepped into over there.

Good luck. Soon your face will be blue and your head will hurt from all the wall banging.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
Congratulations! You just had the pleasure of chatting with a few common day internet morons, if you delve into the internet even farther you come across many more magical experiences such as that!

Seriously though I don't bother arguing with people like that (It's hard I know because they are just so stupid you want to bash knowledge into their tiny little pee-sized brains) but remember an idiot will beat you with experience every time. Uhg that lady that said you should kill your cats babies is absolutely sickening.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
I tend not to waste my valuable time with people or conversations like that. I know you though you were going to get a good warm welcome and start discussing things as similar to here. But unfortunately that's seems to not be the case. I'd save yourself the stress and unnecessary defense upon yourself. Some people just want to watch everyone else's world burn.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, doesn't that make you appreciate this forum oh so much more:D Save your sanity and leave them. They don't have nothing else going for them in life then bashing others.
I clicked on the link Yvonne posted, but it all looked foreign too me. I will just take your word for it. I couldn't go on anyway, I would get kicked off, my language can get really bad if I'm pd off enough:p:D I know, you wouldn't believe sweet oh me could do that.:p:D
If ya stay on that forum, give them H.E. Double hockey sticks. ( I don't want to get kicked off this one:p)

Tank'sMom

Olmito, Tx
I was going on and off at work yesterday, because I kept getting email dings. It was seriously compromising my job. Lol. I just cannot believe the hypocrisy and double talk!!! "Oh here we do what's best for the individual animal" "We look at it from the animals point of view" And then they tell me that I should do a gravid spay on my very pregnant (accidentally, long story, she was raped) cat! Like how is that going to make my cat feel "from her point of view" and these are viable babies! Yes, I get the whole overpopulation thing, but that's pretty drastic for people who claim to have the individual animals best interest in mind. And I'm "flooding the area with Sugar Gliders" because I've sold 5 babies to responsible homes in 3 years?? "Why do Sugar Gliders need a breeder??" "They should be let go into the trees…" Wtf??!
And then they accuse ME of being a troll!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!
I about when nuts. I finally did give them the H. E. Double Hockey Sticks (though I wanted to give a whole lot more) and got the heck outta there before I blew a fuse.
Contradictory statement after contradictory statement… has to be teenagers. I can only hope.
"Oh, I want a Sugar Glider that can live in my purse and I can show off on the Board Walk at the Jersey Shore, but do you know of another animal that could go with it? So I can have like a walking, mini-zoo to show my friends?" SHOOT ME NOW.
Vent #2 over.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
I was going on and off at work yesterday, because I kept getting email dings. It was seriously compromising my job. Lol. I just cannot believe the hypocrisy and double talk!!! "Oh here we do what's best for the individual animal" "We look at it from the animals point of view" And then they tell me that I should do a gravid spay on my very pregnant (accidentally, long story, she was raped) cat! Like how is that going to make my cat feel "from her point of view" and these are viable babies! Yes, I get the whole overpopulation thing, but that's pretty drastic for people who claim to have the individual animals best interest in mind. And I'm "flooding the area with Sugar Gliders" because I've sold 5 babies to responsible homes in 3 years?? "Why do Sugar Gliders need a breeder??" "They should be let go into the trees…" Wtf??!
And then they accuse ME of being a troll!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!
I about when nuts. I finally did give them the H. E. Double Hockey Sticks (though I wanted to give a whole lot more) and got the heck outta there before I blew a fuse.
Contradictory statement after contradictory statement… has to be teenagers. I can only hope.
"Oh, I want a Sugar Glider that can live in my purse and I can show off on the Board Walk at the Jersey Shore, but do you know of another animal that could go with it? So I can have like a walking, mini-zoo to show my friends?" SHOOT ME NOW.
Vent #2 over.
I suggest asking them for proof they aren't happy, & studies that conclude that captive animals are not happy. Repeatedly ask for proof, and then say if they aren't happy & live miserable lives why is keeping them legal? Then go on talking how their chances & living conditions are better than the wild. Be as annoying as you can. Let them hear whatever they do not want to here.

Tank'sMom

Olmito, Tx
I suggest asking them for proof they aren't happy, & studies that conclude that captive animals are not happy. Repeatedly ask for proof, and then say if they aren't happy & live miserable lives why is keeping them legal? Then go on talking how their chances & living conditions are better than the wild. Be as annoying as you can. Let them hear whatever they do not want to here.
Have you read this forum? These people are MORANS! I tried. And tried. But they are hell bent on their stance that exotics are not pets. I asked them what about fish?? Eh? They are "wild animals, yet kept as commonly as cats and dogs"???
They make no sense and are ridiculously ignorant.
I have a huge headache and don't wish to spend my day at work arguing with them again.
But the link is there ^^^.
Go for it. Dive in!!! Lol.

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Have you read this forum? These people are MORANS! I tried. And tried. But they are hell bent on their stance that exotics are not pets. I asked them what about fish?? Eh? They are "wild animals, yet kept as commonly as cats and dogs"???
They make no sense and are ridiculously ignorant.
I have a huge headache and don't wish to spend my day at work arguing with them again.
But the link is there ^^^.
Go for it. Dive in!!! Lol.
A
Ready have an account... Posting soon hahah :p

Tank'sMom

Olmito, Tx
What's your handle? I'd love to watch. The last hit I got was from someone going by "Tort..." something. I called them out on that.

AmRoKo

5 Year Member
Florida
Wow, the people on that craigs forum are stupid. I can't even imagine being a "regular" on that forum, it's head-banging-table-flipping abounds worthy. It just seems like a bunch of people who have truly been indoctrinated by the big ole animal rights groups (honestly animal rights groups most of the time seem to be flooded with morons, though I'm sure there are a few well minded truly there for animals type people).

It's kinda funny because I'm pretty sure if any of those craigdummies came to this real forum or even fauna or tortboard, those craigs would be absolutely put in their place. I mean when things get tense here I know of some individuals who will just stick it hard-core lol. :p

Anyways I think it's awesome that you breed sugar gliders and I also own ferrets, have owned them for years and am changing my vet for them because I just found my current vet doesn't really seem to know jack bull and stole money from me AND I think my previous ferret wouldn't have died from adrenal gland disease had I been to a more knowledgeable vet. Though now I'm more informed of that disease and know what to look out for. :>

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
Wow, the people on that craigs forum are stupid. I can't even imagine being a "regular" on that forum, it's head-banging-table-flipping abounds worthy. It just seems like a bunch of people who have truly been indoctrinated by the big ole animal rights groups (honestly animal rights groups most of the time seem to be flooded with morons, though I'm sure there are a few well minded truly there for animals type people).

It's kinda funny because I'm pretty sure if any of those craigdummies came to this real forum or even fauna or tortboard, those craigs would be absolutely put in their place. I mean when things get tense here I know of some individuals who will just stick it hard-core lol. :p

Anyways I think it's awesome that you breed sugar gliders and I also own ferrets, have owned them for years and am changing my vet for them because I just found my current vet doesn't really seem to know jack bull and stole money from me AND I think my previous ferret wouldn't have died from adrenal gland disease had I been to a more knowledgeable vet. Though now I'm more informed of that disease and know what to look out for. :>
It's disgusting how they "Assume" things, and then they do not apologize... *hundredth facepalm* Is it bad that my face is bloody now?