Craigslist Denver- Tortoise in serious need of help

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is disgusting. I sent them a not so nice email. What is wrong with people. Hopefully someone can rescue the poor thing.

BTW, do they think its a sulcata? It looks like a Redfoot too me?

StellaRT

5 Year Member
I just now saw that someone a few posts down posted the same link and had a really hard time dealing with the guy who has it.
Sorry for posting duplicate link, please let me know if anyone has been able to get it!!

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
It is a red foot in very poor conditions. And last I checked they are not from Africa.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
Since the link is gone I assume this was for the badly pyramided redfoot in the tiny tank?
If so I actually rescued this tort already, the person who posted that ad is not the owner but someone who rescued it from its owner and then looked for a new home for it.

But he is in good care now and is actually fairly healthy, and thoroughly enjoying the humidity and space he has now. Actually I will be getting 2 more redfoot from the same owner, they don't know how to care for them so the craigslist ad poster got him to give them to me. I'll be getting the other two next week.

n3rdchik

5 Year Member
Michigan
jjsull33 said:
Since the link is gone I assume this was for the badly pyramided redfoot in the tiny tank?
If so I actually rescued this tort already, the person who posted that ad is not the owner but someone who rescued it from its owner and then looked for a new home for it.

But he is in good care now and is actually fairly healthy, and thoroughly enjoying the humidity and space he has now. Actually I will be getting 2 more redfoot from the same owner, they don't know how to care for them so the craigslist ad poster got him to give them to me. I'll be getting the other two next week.

That is awesome. You have a great heart!

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
n3rdchik said:
That is awesome. You have a great heart!

Thank you, I do what I can for the torts. I couldn't let them stay like that, when I explained why the care was wrong they actually gave them to me free so that helped me be able to take all 3, if not I couldn't have afforded to rescue them.

The one in the ad was the smallest of the 3 as well. The biggest is 10-11 inches long already, I hope he isn't as pyramided as the one in the ad.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Thank you for caring for these beautiful creatures! Now, I don't have to worry about them;-)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hats off to you. What a fantastic person you are. Glad the tortoise world has you in it and on here too:)

jjsull33

5 Year Member
Denver, Colorado
Once I get the other 2 I will start a thread about them with pics, as for now there are a few pics of him(maybe?) so far in a thread called "how do we look".

Spn785

5 Year Member
Mid-Missouri
jjsull33 said:
Once I get the other 2 I will start a thread about them with pics, as for now there are a few pics of him(maybe?) so far in a thread called "how do we look".

You are an amazing person! I'm glad there are people like you who can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.