Craigslist add for Russian but looks like Hermann's

cmacusa3

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bixby
Lol!! I happened to see that post earlier and thought the same thing

Did you see the post in Oklahoma with the Sulcata and Redfoot in the same pen?

Okinawan

Edmond, Oklahoma
that's what I thought...it looks every bit the eastern Hermann's but the carapace and the way the marginal scutes look it appears like a marginated

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm not good at I.D.ing the greeks, hermanns and marginateds, but to my untrained eye I would say marginated.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I will settle this definitely not a Russian

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan

Okinawan

Edmond, Oklahoma
I thought so, I contacted the poster, he said that he's had it for 3 years now and rescued it from it's previous owner who kept it in a 10 gallon aquarium, no lights, no substrate with feces all over including the crevices in the scutes!! Some people...jeez. He has since texted me with additional pics, looks healthy now, he is a box turtle lover and has other reptiles that he needs to sell due to a divorce. I will go see it this Saturday and will get to see all his other reptiles and setups he keeps at his personal residence so I don't feel like it's a scam or anything. By the way, I did inform him that it was not a Russian tort and more than likely a Hermann's and he was very nice about it, and was thinking that also but did not know for sure