Craigslist add for big African Spur Tort found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linz2491

10 Year Member!
Haha I found it hilarious! Worth the read. I hope the owner is found.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida, USA
It was the longest rant I have ever read on Craigslist. I really laughed my head off at some parts, but I'm afraid he may really take his frustration out on the tort. No later how big the tort is, be can be killed by this crazy son of a b***h. I mean, turtle soup? And, drowing in the pool where he wouldn't save him? I really hope there is an owner, and that he gets there quick, or someone saves this tort from this *******!!!! Frankly, with the threats he makes to the owner, who will dare approach this guy without a magnum?

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Eh, I think it's funny. AND, the rant about invasive species, and people who aren't prepared for the tort, show he's knowledgable and gives a damn :)

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
The ad is still up. Where are the owners? The fact that the owners are not looking for this beautiful freaken tortoise is more offensive than the ad, in my opinion. The guy at least listed the tortoise being found. Most would just keep it and not bother ranting to find the ownership. : 0

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
He definitely is knowledgeable, but not about African spurred tortoise; thus, the rant! But, it's an eye-opener for those who have sullies and don't know what damage sullies can do!
pugsandkids said:
Eh, I think it's funny. AND, the rant about invasive species, and people who aren't prepared for the tort, show he's knowledgable and gives a damn :)

This sully is probably frighten and stressed to the max. I really hope someone who lives in AZ bites the bullet and picks this poor guy up!!!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Well, if he's just joking, why is he posting for a lost tortoise? If this is just a joke, he's a little late for April Fool's Day:D No, I thinks he's still a large turd! Anyone who can think this all up just for attention must be nuts!!!!

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
ShellyTurtleTort said:
zulu said:
Lol. Definitely worth reading. Whether you get his sense of humor or not, or whether you like his use of language, I can't imagine why anyone on this forum would give this guy a hard time. How many non-tortoise keeping people do you know who would go this far to take in an animal who is destroying his yard so they can find a home for it. So he uses a little humor to get out his frustration. Most people would do nothing for this tortoise let alone have it destroy their yard while making a pretty decent effort to care for it while trying to rehome it. F-bombs or not we should be greatful for people like this who go out of their way to help an animal in need, and not try to get their post flagged for language. Besides, look at how many peoples attention this has got, I'm sure this tort now has a better chance of finding a home now.

This. All. The. Way.

_________
~ Shelly ~

I agree 100%
I laughed so hard I cried. What a comical and unique way to get an excellent point across.
I forwarded it to a ton of friends. I don't curse much myself, but I don't care if others do. not a biggie. I guess I missed the racial comment...oh darn, guess I gotta read it again.

Thanks for posting, I had a crappy weekend and i needed a good laugh. I saved it for future reference. Too good to waste.

Sandy
Oregon Tortoise Rescue

DevilsLettuce

5 Year Member
sibi said:
Well, if he's just joking, why is he posting for a lost tortoise? If this is just a joke, he's a little late for April Fool's Day:D No, I thinks he's still a large turd! Anyone who can think this all up just for attention must be nuts!!!!

I've noticed you always expect the worst from people...
Don't know if you frequent any other forum and have heard of "troll" threads etc. this craigslist posting is clearly fake and just trying to get a reaction from people. There are a lot of people on the internet who love getting people worked up just to amuse themselves.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Really? So, you can verify that this is just a joke? How? I really would like to know so that maybe I could tell when a person is full of s***, or for real. Yeah, there are people who are "trolls," and maybe this guy is a "troll," but here on the forum, when ******** trash tortoises, yeah, I can think negative about people. So what! If you read my posts, you'd know that I too laughed, but I was concerned with the tort. How is that negative? Joke or real, my reactions are for he safety of the tort. Can't you see that? Do you think the OP knew that, and just wanted to screw around with people's feeling when he created this thread? I really would like to know?
DevilsLettuce said:
sibi said:

I've noticed you always expect the worst from people...
Don't know if you frequent any other forum and have heard of "troll" threads etc. this craigslist posting is clearly fake and just trying to get a reaction from people. There are a lot of people on the internet who love getting people worked up just to amuse themselves.

DevilsLettuce

5 Year Member
As the OP said he is from the military and didn't mean to upset anyone by posting the link. I assume he thought it was funny like most of us did...
Like others have pointed out, the poster of that craigslist add is likely someone who is knowledgeable about tortoises. (The invasive species comment etc.). That "a******" put a lot of time and effort into that post. if this whole thing was real would someone who wouldn't care enough to take a tortoise out of a 82 degree pool put all that effort into a long, thought out post? I wouldn't think so. Some people have a vulgar sense of humor. Also I don't think he is trashing tortoises at all but that's just my opinion.

If this link doesn't help you understand just do a simple google search on troll postings. I'm tired and don't care enough to go into further details with you.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

laney

5 Year Member
Aberdeen, Scotland
Haha that was funny, I. Think he cares really just pretending to hate it, he certainly spends a lot of time observing it lol

Sulcata_Sandy

5 Year Member
Pacific NorthWET
Dang, it's been removed. Good thing I saved a copy of it!!!!

Sandy
Oregon Tortoise Rescue

DevilsLettuce said:
As the OP said he is from the military and didn't mean to upset anyone by posting the link. I assume he thought it was funny like most of us did...
Like others have pointed out, the poster of that craigslist add is likely someone who is knowledgeable about tortoises. (The invasive species comment etc.). That "a******" put a lot of time and effort into that post. if this whole thing was real would someone who wouldn't care enough to take a tortoise out of a 82 degree pool put all that effort into a long, thought out post? I wouldn't think so. Some people have a vulgar sense of humor. Also I don't think he is trashing tortoises at all but that's just my opinion.

If this link doesn't help you understand just do a simple google search on troll postings. I'm tired and don't care enough to go into further details with you.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet)

I agree 100%.

Sandy
Oregon Tortoise Rescue

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
ShellyTurtleTort said:
I saved it, too. Love screenshot capabilities!

_________
~ Shelly ~

Would you be so kind as to sending it go me via email? Unfortunately, I, who love a good laugh, missed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.