Craigslist add for big African Spur Tort found

Status
Not open for further replies.

For Love of Everything Shell

5 Year Member
My friend sent me this link for a found tortoise out in the Queen Creek area on Sept 23. I hope someone on here is either his home or would like to be! The person that posted sounds a little slapstick frustrated and ill prepared to care for him. Check it out... You can see the craigslist email in the top of the picture

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/laf/4087197739.html

ImageUploadedByTortForum1380059717.673068.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
I'm sorry but the ad made me die laughing. I hope the tortoise stains his deck even more.

Arnold_rules

5 Year Member
Gilbert, AZ
Unique use of the naughty word. I like this post, too bad I don't have space for the -BLEEP-ing tortoise. :D

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Man nobody under the age 21 should read that add . I think is a little overboard and a little racist for my taste. I hope that tortoise bites his fingers off.

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

TigsMom

5 Year Member
Arizona
This Marine Mom thought she'd heard enough F-Bombs in her lifetime (to the point that I often don't even hear them), but something about it being written irritates me beyond belief. I hope someone picks that Sulcata up and takes a bar of soap with them. I'd go, but it's too far for me to drive there and back and I'd want my Marine Son with me. The ad has me so rattled that I had to go and pick some prickly pears and spend some time with my tortoises. They are wondering what's up with this afternoon feeding of treats! LOL

I posted a link to this thread as well as the craiglist ad in the Arizona thread, hoping someone here goes and gets that Tortoise.

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
I messaged the guy.

Personally, I liked the post. Could've done without the racial remark, but hilarious otherwise.

_________
~ Shelly ~

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I tried to flag it for bad language, but the "flag" button isn't on.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I think this guy is a big --- hole. I hope the day someone is there to take this big fella, just before he is loaded into the car, he destroys the guys deck, floods his yard and poops a path all the way to his new owner.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
Hahahahaha! The guy obviously cares quite a bit, despite the language. No one would write an ad that long if they didn't care.

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
He is a strange one!! :) :) lol
Made me laugh tho!! Outloud in a dr office!! :)

zulu

5 Year Member
Melbourne, FL
Lol. Definitely worth reading. Whether you get his sense of humor or not, or whether you like his use of language, I can't imagine why anyone on this forum would give this guy a hard time. How many non-tortoise keeping people do you know who would go this far to take in an animal who is destroying his yard so they can find a home for it. So he uses a little humor to get out his frustration. Most people would do nothing for this tortoise let alone have it destroy their yard while making a pretty decent effort to care for it while trying to rehome it. F-bombs or not we should be greatful for people like this who go out of their way to help an animal in need, and not try to get their post flagged for language. Besides, look at how many peoples attention this has got, I'm sure this tort now has a better chance of finding a home now.

AnnV

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
SWFL
I didnt know you could talk lik that on CL. :-(

Ann from CT

For Love of Everything Shell

5 Year Member
I'm sorry if people are offended by the link... I know it is a bit rough, but I am military so I guess I didn't even think to put a warning in my post with the link. I do think he is trying his best, and I even let my neighbor know as she had a big African stolen from Apache Junction,AZ a few yrs ago and I thought maybe this might be hers, I am still trying to make that connection

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Re: RE: Craigslist add for big African Spur Tort found

For Love of Everything Shell said:
I'm sorry if people are offended by the link... I know it is a bit rough, but I am military so I guess I didn't even think to put a warning in my post with the link. I do think he is trying his best, and I even let my neighbor know as she had a big African stolen from Apache Junction,AZ a few yrs ago and I thought maybe this might be hers, I am still trying to make that connection

Its all good ,by the way thanks for your service .

Sent from my C771 using TortForum mobile app

ShellyTurtlesCats

5 Year Member
Mesa
Re: RE: Craigslist add for big African Spur Tort found

zulu said:
Lol. Definitely worth reading. Whether you get his sense of humor or not, or whether you like his use of language, I can't imagine why anyone on this forum would give this guy a hard time. How many non-tortoise keeping people do you know who would go this far to take in an animal who is destroying his yard so they can find a home for it. So he uses a little humor to get out his frustration. Most people would do nothing for this tortoise let alone have it destroy their yard while making a pretty decent effort to care for it while trying to rehome it. F-bombs or not we should be greatful for people like this who go out of their way to help an animal in need, and not try to get their post flagged for language. Besides, look at how many peoples attention this has got, I'm sure this tort now has a better chance of finding a home now.

This. All. The. Way.

_________
~ Shelly ~

oknursedana

5 Year Member
Yes. Thanks for your service and posting this. I had to screen shot it twice to get the whole thing. My husband and I laughed out a#++£ off.

guille24

5 Year Member
wisconsin
Woooooow I'm laughing so hard right now !!!! This guy is so honest lmao !

wiccan_chicken

5 Year Member
Georgia
The unique sense of humor had me rolling. I hope the tort finds a good home, and this guy now has a few stories to tell his buddies about his tortoise adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.