CRAIGS LIST SCAMMERS ARE AT IT AGAIN

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
This latest one is good. Only list Aldabras. Very cheap prices advertised, but they aren't the real price. Will email more pics and even enclosure area. They also mention all kinds of care things like calcium, lighting, etc. yes, I have been playing with the guy, letting him think I'm interested in several of them.
Won't answer where they are located even though it does say it in the Ad. Oh, that's because they have their Ad listed in several states and aren't sure which one I seen.
They do actually have all kinds of tortoises for sale, just not in the CL Ad.
Be very, very careful. If it sounds to good to be true, IT IS!

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
This latest one is good. Only list Aldabras. Very cheap prices advertised, but they aren't the real price. Will email more pics and even enclosure area. They also mention all kinds of care things like calcium, lighting, etc. yes, I have been playing with the guy, letting him think I'm interested in several of them.
Won't answer where they are located even though it does say it in the Ad. Oh, that's because they have their Ad listed in several states and aren't sure which one I seen.
They do actually have all kinds of tortoises for sale, just not in the CL Ad.
Be very, very careful. If it sounds to good to be true, IT IS!
I have seen those. What raised a red flag to me was the low price, and I saw an identically worded for sale post in another state but different species. I just kept scrolling.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I have seen those. What raised a red flag to me was the low price, and I saw an identically worded for sale post in another state but different species. I just kept scrolling.
The price was ridiculously low. Ya never know though if someone is desperate to get rid of them. Not likely but is possible. I usually try to find something to prove they are scammers. They usually are easy to detect just in the Ad. This ones Ad was not like they usually are, so I kept searching.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
~ Here's a current one that stole our videos, total scam!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
~ Unfortunately this seems to be getting worse than ever!
Yep, I think they are getting better at it and catching on what to do and what not too do. Hopefully everyone looking too buy does the research before just sending money.
Usually they never tell you where they are located, does everything to get you to have them shipped, not picked up and will have the same Ad listed in multiple Places as if they live in all those different places. Of course there the cheap cheap prices.

jefffff

NORCal
We should all make an effort to make Identical Posts and then another post linking their posts that will make people aware that this is INDEED a SCAM. So if you all are able to share the links on here and we can all kind of police the CL pages and hopefully annoy then so much that they focus on other scams for ideally get them to leave entirely but that's unlikely. Definitely, share them though so we can all flag them and or make postings in same places they are to save someone hundreds. Hate to see the bad guys win at all. Power in numbers, freidsn.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Well, before I could give him my not nice opinion of him and his scamming self, he must have caught on what I was doing. He stopped emailing and removed the CL Ad on the Chicago CL.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
We should all make an effort to make Identical Posts and then another post linking their posts that will make people aware that this is INDEED a SCAM. So if you all are able to share the links on here and we can all kind of police the CL pages and hopefully annoy then so much that they focus on other scams for ideally get them to leave entirely but that's unlikely. Definitely, share them though so we can all flag them and or make postings in same places they are to save someone hundreds. Hate to see the bad guys win at all. Power in numbers, freidsn.
Once or twice a month I will scan my local CL. Looking for tortoises that I can either help find a home, give advice on the care it needs or to find these type scamming Ads. I usually if not always will post a thread on the forum warning people that they are out there at it again. I will try to remember to post a link from now on. Usually once they are caught, they remove the Ad.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida

~ I really think that is a great idea, I'm in.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's going over my head what your asking. The identical posts. Do you mean to send too the scammer? Or too post on the CL warning about them? Then posting a link on this forum so others can do the same?
You could start a thread and make a post that everyone could copy and paste. Then we could add the links to that same thread whenever someone comes across a scammer.

Taylor T.

5 Year Member
New England
~ Here's a current one that stole our videos, total scam!

If they are taking your videos I believe you can file a copyright claim to Youtube and they will likely take down the videos. Might be worth a try anyways.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
If they are taking your videos I believe you can file a copyright claim to Youtube and they will likely take down the videos. Might be worth a try anyways.

I think they are stealing them from Facebook, honestly we only post thing that we are willing to have stolen these days. It is sad, the internet has many values, however it is also easy for the nefarious and deviants in this world to do bad things and have little if no accountability for the crimes. One reason we do not post many new hatchling pictures or videos, they would be stolen for sure and high probability they would be used in a scam. I get e-mails often asking and/or sharing pictures of our tortoises for sale or used in some false way for advertisements.

tortoiseplanet

Earth
I think they are stealing them from Facebook, honestly we only post thing that we are willing to have stolen these days. It is sad, the internet has many values, however it is also easy for the nefarious and deviants in this world to do bad things and have little if no accountability for the crimes. One reason we do not post many new hatchling pictures or videos, they would be stolen for sure and high probability they would be used in a scam. I get e-mails often asking and/or sharing pictures of our tortoises for sale or used in some false way for advertisements.

Put a nice water mark on your photos as someone here mentioned. Every scammer knows not to use water marked photos.