CRAIGS LIST SCAMMERS ARE AT IT AGAIN

helosoldier66

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Alabama
This latest one is good. Only list Aldabras. Very cheap prices advertised, but they aren't the real price. Will email more pics and even enclosure area. They also mention all kinds of care things like calcium, lighting, etc. yes, I have been playing with the guy, letting him think I'm interested in several of them.
Won't answer where they are located even though it does say it in the Ad. Oh, that's because they have their Ad listed in several states and aren't sure which one I seen.
They do actually have all kinds of tortoises for sale, just not in the CL Ad.
Be very, very careful. If it sounds to good to be true, IT IS!
x prohibited[Is this the post you are talking about? This is in Dothan Alabama. Aldabra tortoises pairs . (Dothan, AL) hide this posting

8 years old Aldabra Tortoise for sale. $400 each , comes with cage it's been in, has spagnum moss, calcium powder, water conditioner, tortoise food, spray bottle, 1 basking spot bulbs, UVB bulb, and comes with the light dome. Not only will the rehoming fee cover the items I have purchased, but also to ensure that my tortoise is going to a good home!

TriciaStringer

5 Year Member
Louisiana
x prohibited[Is this the post you are talking about? This is in Dothan Alabama. Aldabra tortoises pairs . (Dothan, AL) hide this posting

8 years old Aldabra Tortoise for sale. $400 each , comes with cage it's been in, has spagnum moss, calcium powder, water conditioner, tortoise food, spray bottle, 1 basking spot bulbs, UVB bulb, and comes with the light dome. Not only will the rehoming fee cover the items I have purchased, but also to ensure that my tortoise is going to a good home!
This is the one I saw. They also had the exact same wording but changed it to Sulcata in another state.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Yes that's the one.

Ciri

5 Year Member
Tucson
great idea to watermark the videos. Even if there is some way to remove it, they will have to get software and go through more work. That can make it a lot harder for them to continue scamming. I think Adobe Premiere elements would likely make watermarking possible.

You can report scammers to Craigslist. I've done this before. That will help alert Craigslist to what is really going on.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
I have come across that type of Ad here in the SA, but for dogs. Was almost caught, but I became suspisious and I double checked it by copying the ad and pasting in google with the words "Scam?" it brought up similar ads. With more or less the same wording but different dogs, seller name and cellphone numbers. It is very sad that we have to literally check everything to see if it is a scam or not.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
This is the one I saw. They also had the exact same wording but changed it to Sulcata in another state.
I've seen ads like that (where they used the same ad, but changed the type of animal) where they missed a word and left "puppies" in the ad for tortoises. Buyer beware!!!