Cowboy, crises deverted!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SW Forida
Well not really, LOL. The other day I was taking pictures of a pen full of hatchlings when I noticed that Cowboy was laying in front of another pen containing younger hatchlings with his neck fully extended over the boards and his head inside the pen just looking at the hatchlings. Somehow Cowboy got thru the gate into the smaller area where we keep all the younger aldabras. We quickly influenced him to turn around and coached him back into his area without incident. The next day I saw Jake use his nose to lift the latch and push the gate open so he could go get his throw ball. He must have watched me and learned how to unlatch the gate. I started to take photos after Cowboy was turned around and all the hatchlings were out of harms way. Thought I would share a few!
IMG_3456.JPG IMG_3459.JPG IMG_3465.JPG IMG_3478.JPG

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Jake watched you, and Cowboy watched Jake and you both! ! !

Now the human kind are the one, need to do some re-thinking.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I hope your other animals weren't watching cause they tend to mimic something great that one does, like opening gates... Good to hear that Cowboy was able to be lured back to his side.

newCH

5 Year Member
So.FL
Knowing I will never own a tort that big, It is really neat to see your pics ! :D