Could I be putting medication into the lungs by accident?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
My vet recommended giving medication by a stomach tube. Would that be an option??
just an idea. Hope your tortoise makes a full recovery.
Installing a stomach tube requires anesthesia, and anesthesia is very serious dangerous, I personally would only use it in a life saving situation

NeekoBe

Belgium
People always ask if they should be worried, but to me worry tends to bring on anxiety, I think the Vet hit the muscle and it should start to go away. So, is he better now

Imean, last injection deff helped , she started eating again :) Last time she did before was over a week ago so...

I was really hopefull untill she started limping after getting an injection this morning..

Jools abbey

Essex United kingdom
My tortoises were owned by my mother, I inherited 5 hermann last summer.
I was at vet this morning with my dog and mentioned to the nurse they were not eating. Came out of brumation a week ago. Now we are having a cold spell and I’m worried. Told the nurse I’dbought reptoboost and wondered if I could syringe it in. She said they give by tube. I don’t know if it’s under anaesthesia. Mum had them wormed once by tube and I don’t recall them put under. Ive been bathing them daily and appear to drink.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Imean, last injection deff helped , she started eating again :) Last time she did before was over a week ago so...

I was really hopefull untill she started limping after getting an injection this morning..
Maybe she's like humans who have a sore arm after a shot & to her it hurts to much to use it.