5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sunny AZ
cemmons12 said:
I think she will have to put that dance up on youtube! :p

Actually it is :)

Life is good

I think it's a red foot getting a back scratch with a toothbrush...pretty funny!

Life is good

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Ok, no pic's yet, phone is still screwed up. But Coopers weight is still holding pretty steady. He is almost 28.5 lbs. I will measure him later tonight. At the hospital right now with my ex's daughter. Its always something around here...

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Keeps ya young and on your toes when there is lots going on:) Hope all is okay with your ex step daughter? Not sure I figured that one out right:D Hope all is good with you and yours also:)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
wellington said:
Keeps ya young and on your toes when there is lots going on:) Hope all is okay with your ex step daughter? Not sure I figured that one out right:D Hope all is good with you and yours also:)
Hello Barb! Yeah you got it right. They were here to pick up my daughter for the weekend when she (ex-step-daughter) started having an epileptic seizure. She was just diagnosed with it on Tuesday. Then she went unconsious, so I carried her to the car and took her to the ER. They had to intubate her right away and done all kinds of tests, then they had an ambulance come and take her to Riley Hospital in Indianapolis. As of 12am they still were not sure what was the cause of this. So I guess in the morning they are going to do a bunch more tests. Well hope you are doing good! Will talk to you later, I am bushed! :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, I sure hope she comes out okay, that's ruff. Good vibes coming your way to her and everyone.:)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Thanks Barb. As of today there is no change in her condition. Just hope they figure something out..

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Hi Chris. Just read about your ex-stepdaughter. I hope they can help her. I guess cooper is doing well and has finally stopped growing for a little while. I hope all this doesn't take a toll on you. Wishing you goodnight.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
sibi said:
Hi Chris. Just read about your ex-stepdaughter. I hope they can help her. I guess cooper is doing well and has finally stopped growing for a little while. I hope all this doesn't take a toll on you. Wishing you goodnight.
Thank you Sylvia! Cooper has stoped growing for now, really strange how it was like turning off a switch though.. Savannah is doing better today, I just got back from Riley and they are taking her off the meds slowly and she isnt intabated anymore. So far so good! :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
The Cooper updates have sort of turned into other updates for now. Savannah got out of the hospital and 2 days later was right back in. They did figure out she is having Grand Mal Seizures. So now I guess its up to a neurologist to figure them out. Cooper is still fine and has gained about half a pound in the last couple weeks. So the switch may have turned back on? lol, who knows!
Thanks for the well wish's Sally! :)

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, that's tuff. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of it quickly and get her out of the hospital and back doing as she pleases.:)
Glad Cooper is doing good, the big galute:D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well tonight I will be weighing Cooper and taking measurements. I am sort of hoping for a little better weight gain then the last 2 or 3 months. But he is still eating like the pig he is! :) I have been bringing him down every day to the new house we are moving to. Want to try and get him use to it. But that boy totally HATES riding in the back of the Explorer. And the tub here is like very slick and he hates that also! He better get use to it cause I plan on taking him around some as soon as I get my money and can pay $4.25 a gallon for the gas! Ok, I hope all my friends are having a great hump day! And I really want to thank you all for your support, it means more to me then I can ever express! :D

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I just can't imagine making Cooper do something he doesn't like or want to do. LOL :D Heck, gas money, ride that big lug :D

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well Barb, I will try and get Cooper's latest stats on here tomorrow. The damn batteries on the scales went dead so I plan on replacing them then. Im very anxious to see his latest weigh in! And his length as well! Hope you are doing good, as well as all my forum friends! :)

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Well it appears as though I've done a **** poor job here on my thread. As soon as this LUPUS/SLE episode pass's I will get better updates for my forum friends..

Rjhoop

5 Year Member
Western N.Y. on Lake Erie
I really hate to be the one, so by no means do I mean any dis respect!! But have you considered that this... I'm gonna say "experiment" might go horribly wrong? I look at these updates and think of a 200 pound ten year old. Yeah the ten year old is happy and always willing to eat more, but he sure as hell isn't healthy! Like I said I don't know much about tortoises just from my own experience. But at the same time I do know about dogs,cats, other reptiles and children! Growing fast is never good at a young age! I have had many reptiles in my life and the one I remember most was my Rascal. He was three years old when he died! But he was also almost 6 feet long!! Vet said plain and simple I let him grow to quick! His body grew but nothing else did in prospective. I mean I can go on and on, like I said I'm not saying anything bad I hope he is the "Freak" haha. Best of luck and I'm always looking for updates!!

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Rjhoop said:
I really hate to be the one, so by no means do I mean any dis respect!! But have you considered that this... I'm gonna say "experiment" might go horribly wrong? I look at these updates and think of a 200 pound ten year old. Yeah the ten year old is happy and always willing to eat more, but he sure as hell isn't healthy! Like I said I don't know much about tortoises just from my own experience. But at the same time I do know about dogs,cats, other reptiles and children! Growing fast is never good at a young age! I have had many reptiles in my life and the one I remember most was my Rascal. He was three years old when he died! But he was also almost 6 feet long!! Vet said plain and simple I let him grow to quick! His body grew but nothing else did in prospective. I mean I can go on and on, like I said I'm not saying anything bad I hope he is the "Freak" haha. Best of luck and I'm always looking for updates!!

I doubt your concerns are valid for the context.

Rjhoop

5 Year Member
Western N.Y. on Lake Erie
And why is that? Rascal was a iguana. Everything was perfect diet, lighting, heat, habitat! His body couldn't absorb the amount of calcium needed and use it properly for his quick development! I don't care how much calcium something gets, if not given the time to use it properly it's a waste. And we can't even use the argument that well his shell is perfect! Because nobody is sure how much calcium has to do with it. Again I'm not arguing or disagreeing with anything here, just something I think about and would like other peoples input! Thanks :)