Conversations

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
So FL
When I first joined the forum in 2011 they were called messages and you could delete them. Now they are called conversations and I cannot see where older ones can be deleted. I also see you can add others to the conversations and report them. Are these conversations moderated??? Big brother???

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
"Conversations" are identical in form and function to "messages".
They are moderated if they are abused. Same policy as 2011.
I don't have a big brother, why do you ask?

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
Lol. I mean big brother watching. I cannot see a delete option on my menu after selecting.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you click on "leave the conversation" it takes it out of your 'inbox', but doesn't delete it. And yet if someone wanted to contact you in one of those left conversations, they still can.

No one, not the mods at least, can see your private conversations except for the person it is addressed to.

CharlieM

10 Year Member!
So FL
@Yvonne G thank you. That helps.

For the record I also have a big brother so I'm all set thanks.

BLUAZUL1

5 Year Member
Round Rock Texas
Why does it say that I don't have privledges to reply to a for sale and then you contact the member to not reply to me I have been a member since 2012 have I been black balled in some way ? I have purchased many tortoises over the last two years

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No. The 'for sale' threads are closed. No one can respond in those threads. If you want to talk to the OP about his ad you have to either email him or engage him in a private conversation.

BLUAZUL1

5 Year Member
Round Rock Texas
No. The 'for sale' threads are closed. No one can respond in those threads. If you want to talk to the OP about his ad you have to either email him or engage him in a private conversation.
Thank You I am still not sure how it works where would I find private conversation?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Thank You I am still not sure how it works where would I find private conversation?
On the iPhone or iPad, you click the persons icon. This pulls up their information. Too left is a small envelope. Click on that and you creat a private conversation with the person or persons.