Concerned about Leopard Tortoise

Neener34

Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, Arizona
Hi, I’m new here. I have an 8 year old tortoise that I have had for the past 6 years. His name is Rocket! (My daughter named him when she was 2) lol but I noticed that his neck looks a little red and was wondering if anyone can give me a little advice or maybe I’m just seeing things. I worry about him because this week has been so hot. He has access to a lot of shade, grass, and a little pond for him to soak in. Thank you in advance for your advice. Here is a picture of Mr. Rocketman

Attachments

• 7C7F0377-C093-4FE4-A45C-D99A110582BD.jpeg
    7C7F0377-C093-4FE4-A45C-D99A110582BD.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would just keep an eye on it. It's not bad looking at all. Might just be he rubbed it or rubbed it on something. If it gets worse, put some over the counter antibiotic on it.
Now that strawberry is very bad for him. They do not have the correct winners to properly digest fruit. It actually screws the needed flora in their gut. Stop all fruit.

Neener34

Mesa, Arizona
Oh really? I thought they can have it once in awhile! I was trying to get his head out to take a picture I knew that would work lol Thanks for the advice!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Oh really? I thought they can have it once in awhile! I was trying to get his head out to take a picture I knew that would work lol Thanks for the advice!
They really shouldn't have fruit at all. If you just can't resist and feel you have to give him some, don't do more then what you had in the pic and not more then once a month.
Very best though is not at all.