Common Snapping Turtles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I started cleaning out the turtle pond yesterday and woke these two up, I remember someone saying they wanted a snapping turtle in a post awhile back. I don't remember who it was, or the thread , but if someone would like these 2007 hatched snappers let me know,I have had them since they were an egg.They eat pelleted food plus what fish they catch, good disposition, and healthy.they are between 5.5 & 6in in shell length. Len

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
I would love those guys...I know Alligator snappers wouldn't make it to my door...but I do not believes there's a law anywhere banning Commons. I hope they find a GREAT home!

methos75

10 Year Member!
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
DeanS said:
I would love those guys...I know Alligator snappers wouldn't make it to my door...but I do not believes there's a law anywhere banning Commons. I hope they find a GREAT home!

Both species of Snappers are illegal in CA.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
That's why I made the comment stating they find a GREAT home...here it's CRAZY! One minute you can own anything with the right permit...the next!?! No! We don't think we're going to allow that species, at all! And I've owned more than my share of things that F & G said "NO!" to! I didn't realize until about six months ago that Commons were illegal here again!

"...but I do not believes there's a law anywhere banning Commons..."

DUH! I meant 'anywhere else'...sorry for the (ex) blonde moment!

methos75

10 Year Member!
Lawrenceville, IL via Walker, LA
Yeah CA is a bit ridiculous in their Reptile Laws, why why too stringent IMO. I doi hope they find a good home, I am partial to Snappers and own a Alligator Snapper Myself who is the calmest turtle I own.

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Calif doesnt want non native species being released into our ponds and water ways..
it happens anyway.. but by banning them it keep the numbers down.. so they think...or hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.