Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
DeanS said:
I figure Neal or Vinnie are gonna take this one...and Greg pretty much has October wrapped up, so I thought I'd take a stab at December! Afterall, it's my birthday...as well as my daughter's! And besides...it was the ivories' first snow!;)

Remember, the top vote gets to choose their month and so on down the line. SO if Greg would be picked 10th overall favorite for instance, he may not get a fall month even. :D

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Why's that! We didn't get to pick last year! Furthermore...the top twelve should be arranged according to theme...i.e. month/season appropriate!:p

Missy

5 Year Member
Illinois
I totally agree it would not make sense to have that great pumpkin shot in Jan or april. It would not matter to me if my pic one what month I got. I would love to see the season of the pick for the month of the season.

babylove6635

5 Year Member
congrats to the winners. i tried really hard to get one on there but couldnt get on but thoes are some great pic

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Good luck everyone, theres a lot of great photo's to choose from...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
babylove6635 said:
congrats to the winners. i tried really hard to get one on there but couldnt get on but thoes are some great pic

Hi Judy:

Well, do a lot of practicing over the next few months. Learn how to post your pictures in your thread. Give Photobucket or tinypic a try. Its easy and its free. We look forward to see your tortoise on next year's calendar.

Plus, there are usually a contest or two throughout the year for you to enter into.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Just as a suggestion for next time. We could make the pics anonymous and we send them to the moderators who put them on the contest thread. I think it just makes it fair because many people know each other. Just an idea. I did this on my bearded dragon forum a few years ago & it worked out great. I am looking forward to voting but it's going to be a tough.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Momof4 said:
Just as a suggestion for next time. We could make the pics anonymous and we send them to the moderators who put them on the contest thread. I think it just makes it fair because many people know each other. Just an idea. I did this on my bearded dragon forum a few years ago & it worked out great. I am looking forward to voting but it's going to be a tough.

Couldn't agree more!:cool:

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
laramie said:
babylove6635 said:
congrats to the winners.

Are the winners already chosen or do we still get to vote?

I believe Josh is going to try to get the voting set up today (Nov 1). Then you will have the ability to vote for several pictures. You only can vote for them at one time, so if you need to be sure to check on how many you can vote for. I believe the voting will run for about a week. Details will be coming out with the voting thread.

Momof4 said:

Personally, this is how I would like to have it done, too. However, then shouldn't we also request these to be never to have been shown before pictures??? There are several in the contest, I know who did them without looking, only because I have saw them in here or on other sites before. It's bad enough, that several of them are also of animals, I could have guessed who they belonged to.

laramie

5 Year Member
Scottsdale, AZ
Momof4 said:

Totally Ditto! I agree, good idea:D:D

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
DeanS said:
Momof4 said:

Couldn't agree more!:cool:

I also, that would help with any unfair issues!

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
I agree, but then thinking about it,

1) pics have often been seen before and people would know which ones belonged to which members
2) some people's torts/enclosures/setting are recognizable
3) some people's pictures are always similar in nature- lighting, angle, contrast

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
I agree. I'd always vote on the individual picture and try to remain completely unbiased - I think I'd do that just fine - but I can't deny that there are some torts I'd recognise even without any information.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I agree, once you have seen enough pics of all the different torts and there enclosuers it gets easy to tell who they belong too...

M

Maggie Cummings

Well, good luck to everyone, I know I went thru a terrible amount of stress going thru 4 thousand pictures I have of different tortoises (mostly Bob) and then immediately after posting the picture of Bob I started thinking it wasn't his best picture. I should have picked this one or that one... I guess I just never know which one is his best...

pdrobber

10 Year Member!
it's not up yet is it? just want to make sure the thread didn't sneak past me...

Status
Not open for further replies.