colors??

Status
Not open for further replies.

wildponey21

5 Year Member
I have a red foot that is about 5inchs. I don't know if it is a male or a female. Well any way i was wondering if they can change color. What i mean is jelly beans nose is turning more orange. His face was yellow when I got in in September. Or could be what I feed him. I use d3 cal and vitamin spray and I use a fruit flavor spray to get them to eat. As for the food it safe from what I have read on here and other go site that I found on here and other places.

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Nebraska
There is no known surefire way to change the colors, although beta carotene often works with fish and some other species to brighten or enhance red and oranges. This would be the stuff in carrots, collards, sweet potatoes and orange squash.

Red-foots are notorious for changing colors as they grow- as do so many other species that are colorful when young and become more 'plain' as they get older.

I am curious why you would need a fruit flavored spray to get them to eat?

wildponey21

5 Year Member
They will eat with out the the flavored spray i just do so it smells like fruit and gives it so taste. yes but why would mine get get more colorful as he ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.