Colored urine?

Danielle148

5 Year Member
I have a vet appointment already sheduled but is this urine normal? it looks like a diluted choclate milk I've never seen it from him he's been having loudish breathing not all the time but mostly if I'm present. Nares and eyes are clear. He does eat. I've been feeding mazuri. I'm located in southern CA he usually resides outside but has been indoors since it has been cold. Basking spot is 100 f any help is greatly appreciated I'm just worried about my baby20200117_114620.jpg

Danielle148

5 Year Member
Why do you think this is urine and not Urates mixed with diarrhea?
What kind of tortoise?
Is he eating just Mazuri?
He's a sulcata and just mazuri right now. I think I freaked out and you're right when I soaked him he pooped so it was probably that

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
How are you keeping him in terms of temperatures and humidity, variety in the diet, types of UV lights, etc? And can we see some pics?

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
And be careful about the vet you take him to. Any vet that is not a reputable REPTILE vet with years of experience with tortoises, will likely make whatever is wrong a lot worse by prescribing some harsh antibiotic injections the tortoise may not need. There are very experienced reptile people on this site who can give you a lot better advice than some general and inexperienced vet. So be careful.:)