Color

King Arthur

Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area, California
Hi, My Marginate Tortoise is 4yrs old and his/her name is King Arthur, anyway my question is color in the light colored area of shell is mixed with darker color, in all light color areas, maybe best describe as spotty,shady? See photos. King Arthur eats good, has a indoor table, outdoor pen, roams freely when I can be available to watch more carfully. Anyway should I be concerned ? 20190908_145649.jpeg20190908_140440.jpeg20190908_140232.jpeg20190908_140300.jpeg

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Handsome fellow- has he showed you that he is fact a boy. Once they find out they are the fascination with it begins!!!!

King Arthur

Tortoise Club
Bay Area, California
Wow that's a trip, I'm not sure if I've seen that.. but I'll try to u tube to see if theres an example. Thank you .. by the way.. hahaaa[emoji217]
If he is a male I believe they do this thing called " penis flashing" they find out they have that thing and it's always out flashing the world.

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Wow that's a trip, I'm not sure if I've seen that.. but I'll try to u tube to see if theres an example. Thank you .. by the way.. hahaaa[emoji217]
Hahaha [emoji23] yes definitely would be a trip. I have no turtles that age yet so I haven't had to go through that lol good luck [emoji16]

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Flashing is a once seen never forgotten experience. And once a male discovers he has a penis he seems to enjoy showing it to the world at regular intervals [emoji23]

Jules321

Canton MI
Lol I remember not having any idea what was happening the first time I saw my tortoise flashing...and this was a good 15 years ago when it was normal to only use books for reference. Quite scary when you aren't expecting it!
I'm glad someone warned you so you didn't freak out thinking he prolapsed or something and paid out the butt for a vet trip..

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
Lol I remember not having any idea what was happening the first time I saw my tortoise flashing...and this was a good 15 years ago when it was normal to only use books for reference. Quite scary when you aren't expecting it!
I can imagine how scary that must be when you see it for the first time. Luckily I don't have any turtles that age yet [emoji3526] I've read tons of threads about it to know what it is at least. Not knowing must've freaked you out..

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
I can imagine how scary that must be when you see it for the first time. Luckily I don't have any turtles that age yet [emoji3526] I've read tons of threads about it to know what it is at least. Not knowing must've freaked you out..
I can remember seeing my Selma do it for the first time, my heart sunk as I thought something was very wrong (maybe a prolapse). A few months later he met a girl called Judy..... Selma’s girlfriend is a rock.....;)

Turtle girl 98

Sandstone mn
I can remember seeing my Selma do it for the first time, my heart sunk as I thought something was very wrong (maybe a prolapse). A few months later he met a girl called Judy..... Selma’s girlfriend is a rock.....;)
Omg I didn't expect that ending [emoji23] at least he found someone to be his rock [emoji23]