COLD DARK ROOM

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
Hum, MY phone, is ONLY for calling & Texting, and a lil browsing. I do NOT, do any purchases, or view Financial stuff on my phone. BTW, the screen is just too small to see much detail. I use my laptop for all that stuff, much more secure. I can easily see the whole TFO post, and the keys are so much easier to type on
Where I get tangled up is copy and paste on both. It's way easier on my phone because even though it's small it's for some reason easier to navigate for me then a computer. I actually do use my phone for online orders what few I do mostly. But I don't do any banking online. My credit card company told me I was smart and I told her she was nuts ? some idiot tried to get me to click on an order I didn't do so I called my card company and asked them about it ? whatever... I never answer anything from someone I don't know even on my landline. So far so good.?

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I don't know if it's the same on a phone, but on my laptop if I want a caresheet e.g. for the most common UK species I go to.............
  • the forum page then
  • Species Specific to find
  • Mediterranean then
  • Russian Tortoises
  • Tom's caresheet 'The best way to raise any Temperate species'
  • click in the address bar to highlight the address link at the very top of the page.
  • right click to 'copy' it
  • go back to post I was reading and 'paste' address in my post.
I haven't found an easier way but then I haven't really looked.
I'll look and see if I can. I'm somewhat getting how to go out in the middle of a post and then get back where I left off.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning all, it's been quiet in here overnight!
I had my booster first thing and all good so far. I was back home by 9.30 because I missed the long queues.
It's very cold this morning but there wasn't any frost as expected which was a bonus.
I hope everyone has a good Monday.
November is almost over and less than 4 weeks to Xmas - Yikes!!!!!

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
as @Lyn W said "November is almost over and less than 4 weeks to Xmas - Yikes!!!!!"
Yikes is right! Where the heck did the year go?
I retired 3 years ago and keep a running excel spreadsheet of job's/chores scheduled/completed around my lil farm every day. I do, go back and review all I have accomplished, which does help.
Today is supposed to be sunny and 51°/62°
But we NEED the Rain, and NON projected for the next week+ ?
I hope everyone has a good week...all my best, to all.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
as @Lyn W said "November is almost over and less than 4 weeks to Xmas - Yikes!!!!!"
Yikes is right! Where the heck did the year go?
I retired 3 years ago and keep a running excel spreadsheet of job's/chores scheduled/completed around my lil farm every day. I do, go back and review all I have accomplished, which does help.
Today is supposed to be sunny and 51°/62°
But we NEED the Rain, and NON projected for the next week+ ?
I hope everyone has a good week...all my best, to all.
We've not had a lot of rain in my part of the UK for a few weeks,
Some showers with the high winds on the weekend but nothing much and none in the forecast for us for this week - it will catch up with us soon though I'm sure. I hope you get some much needed rain too.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Hum, MY phone, is ONLY for calling & Texting, and a lil browsing. I do NOT, do any purchases, or view Financial stuff on my phone. BTW, the screen is just too small to see much detail. I use my laptop for all that stuff, much more secure. I can easily see the whole TFO post, and the keys are so much easier to type on
I am not as tech savvy as my brother who works for best buy as a computer tech. I use my 0hone for everything and hardly use my laptop for more than vacation planning and such. Heck my last car I bought was all done on my iPhone

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's been 41°f here but just felt really cold anyway yet inside the furnace has felt too hot. Not really any wind to speak of. I can not understand why some days in the house 78°f is too hot but other days it feels cold and I need 80+°. I've never been able to make sense of it. It can even be 84°f inside and be perfectly comfortable and other days I would feel like I'm suffocating. It's not the humidity because that could be high or low and I have devices in my house for the front and back yard that tell both for inside and outside. Maybe the dew point.?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good evening/afternoon all,
I've felt really tired today and slept LOTS!
I think it's one of the side effects of the booster, along with the sore arm.
Thankfully my nephew's dental appointment tomorrow has been cancelled so I don't have to drive him 25 miles early in the morning,
Lola has been out and about , eaten well and been quite active today which I'm pleased about. He's overdue a poop but he's had a lot of soaks this week and some cucumber so hopefully there's one in the pipeline ;)
I hope you're all having a good Tuesday and last day of November.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Good morning/afternoon all.
It's warmer today and we've had some rain overnight and it's showery today - wasn't in the forecast a few days ago but it's here. It could be worse - could be snow!!!
I feel a lot more energetic today so the booster side effects must be wearing off.
I have a few chores to catch up on after my lazy day yesterday so I'd better get started.
Happy Wednesday and see you later!

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Yes - Happy Wednesday one & all. It’s hovering at the freezing point this morning, but the ?? is up. Possible ?? showers this evening.

Our November was colder & drier than average. I think 3 degrees cooler & less than 1 inch of rain.

The winds are back tomorrow, gusts up over 50 mph.

Hope everyone & their torts are well.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
View attachment 336912
Forgot to post this the other day, also, I am FREE!
Today I wrote my final exam and I have 3 months off, to Stilbaai and perhaps Ireland! Have a good day all!
Congratulations on the end of your exams - I hope you get good grades for all of them.
I also hope you have some well trained tortoise sitters to look after them while you are away!
Make sure you leave them your forum details in case they need guidance.
We'll look forward to postcards of your travels.

TheLastGreen

Johannesburg
Thanks Lyn! These two torts will be well looked after, I'm in the process of building Zvezda's outdoor enclosure before we leave for Stilbaai, and her nightbox, just have to deal with those blasted tropical fire ants that appeared, but it's going strong. Having a leopard and a hingeback is rather far on both spectrums, but luckily both have "easy" diet needs, like SA leopards eat mainly grass and zombensis, mainly store bought mushrooms, (gross simplification).
20211130_173138_003.jpg20211130_213317_001.jpg
I'm just wondering about soaking, but I'll cross that bridge when I get there, has Zola graced you with his presence today? I've heard the weathers been ghastly there, I think torts can sense it. With the recent rains here, both my torts slept in their indoor enclosures, for a few days, and only came out to eat